Google Banned in Turkey

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

ISTANBUL: Turkey has indefinitely shut off access to several Google services including Google Docs.

Turkey's Telecommunications Communication Presidency released an official statement Friday, saying it has blocked access to some Google IP (Internet Protocol) addresses "because of legal reasons", Xinhua reported.

Some Google applications may be completely inaccessible or take a long time to load, the statement said.

Translation and document-sharing tools are among the other Google sites barred in Turkey. Popular video-sharing website YouTube is also banned in the country, for alleged insults against Turkey's founder.

Replies

• kaanstain
    kaanstain
    What a silly thing i can not believe that!!!!

In my university we can not access youtube(we tried all the ways),facebook, and we can not access google applications.

Sometimes we use chinese, japanese,russian websites and their alphabets are different then latin-alphabet.
    And now we can not use google translator.

We are really angry with that,
    for youtube we change dns's and than we can access, but for google this does not work.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today is the World Environment day..! I will try to use paper bags from today. You guys done anything today to protect our Environment.
Guys please suggest me some book for network programming in java which is specifically meant for network programming only
Google has given its support to an ambition plan to bring high-speed Internet access to more than 3 billion people in the world who now lack broadband connections. Google joined...
AT&T, USA's top phone company is planning to invest $1 billion in building four undersea cables to Japan and rest of Asia in order to expand its network services; senior...
We published following posts on VoiCE. Make sure you didn't miss out on anything - Talk More On Mobile. It Prevents Two Types Of Brain Tumor! - CrazyEngineers Today is...