Google Allo Vs WhatsApp - Which is better?

Google Allo Vs. WhatsApp - the messaging app war is on. Every messaging app is trying to be the default messaging application on your mobile and WhatsApp seems to be leading the race so far with no sign of slowdown. Google however thinks that there still is an opportunity for an entirely new messaging app that people will want to switch to; and we have Google Allo. Which app is better? Which app will rule your messaging for the next few years? Let's discuss!

I've just installed Google Allo and found out that Google's plan is to attract users with popular features - and hence you have 'Smart Reply', 'Stickers', 'Photos', 'Google Assistant', 'Incognito Mode' all bundled in Google Allo.

In contrast, WhatsApp seems to be doing pretty well with its minimal feature set. The only thing working for WhatsApp, IMHO, is that it's already captured 90% of your entire contact list and it's incredibly hard for anyone to make you give up on all of that.

I must mention one more app that Google's released - Google Duo. It's a video calling app which IMHO should have been bundled with Google's Allo. Video calling is one of the most awaited feature of WhatsApp and it's pretty likely that they'll release it soon.

So - do you think Google Allo will snatch away users from WhatsApp? What should Allo or WhatsApp do to ensure that people stick to them?

Replies

• namrata pimple
    namrata pimple
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Google Allo Vs. WhatsApp - the messaging app war is on. Every messaging app is trying to be the default messaging application on your mobile and WhatsApp seems to be leading the race so far with no sign of slowdown. Google however thinks that there still is an opportunity for an entirely new messaging app that people will want to switch to; and we have Google Allo. Which app is better? Which app will rule your messaging for the next few years? Let's discuss!

I've just installed Google Allo and found out that Google's plan is to attract users with popular features - and hence you have 'Smart Reply', 'Stickers', 'Photos', 'Google Assistant', 'Incognito Mode' all bundled in Google Allo.

In contrast, WhatsApp seems to be doing pretty well with its minimal feature set. The only thing working for WhatsApp, IMHO, is that it's already captured 90% of your entire contact list and it's incredibly hard for anyone to make you give up on all of that.

I must mention one more app that Google's released - Google Duo. It's a video calling app which IMHO should have been bundled with Google's Allo. Video calling is one of the most awaited feature of WhatsApp and it's pretty likely that they'll release it soon.

So - do you think Google Allo will snatch away users from WhatsApp? What should Allo or WhatsApp do to ensure that people stick to them?
    yes right google Allo is far more better than watsapp but people have already got used to with watsapp but some hope is there. Hike also tried the same as google allo but isn't successful compared to watsapp. Watsapp is now trying to keep the users attracted by launching new features every other day!! and apart from all this race the one who thought of the idea first for andriod user will hopefully run the race because now at this time they know what exactly people want!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Just now Installed Allo and was playing with it it looks more funky then whatsapp looks like more related to Hike but also covering the whatsapp main features.

But as #-Link-Snipped-# said it would be not easy for Google Allo to move existing user from whatsapp to Allo.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Guys, Ive been searching for a new engineering job but the sites i've found haven't been great. The variety of jobs has been rather poor. Ive looked at Jobsite,...
It’s another week and the Indian smartphone manufacturer is out with a new smartphone. Intex has launched the Aqua HD 5.5 on its website and it shall make its way...
LeEco, today, has released another flagship device, LePro 3 in China. The device has been first listed on the Le Mall’s (China) official website and will soon be available for...
An intellectual property of AT&T, project AirGig has just kicked off its journey on opening a transmission line based broadband connection for the whole world. While statistically a lot of...
I can produce ac power, without physical movement of magnetic field. For this purpose I can redesign ac motor. Like in case of Hydro Turbine, my designed motor would have...