Google admits spying on emails

In what that we could consider as a significant security breach, Internet search engine Google has admitted spying on computer passwords and entire emails from households in Britain.

It's clear from the inspections that in some instances entire emails and URLs (web addresses) were captured, as well as passwords.

"We want to delete this data as soon as possible, and I would like to apologize again for the fact that we collected it in the first place,"
said Alan Eustace, Google's Vice-President of engineering and research.

In May this year, Google confessed the vehicles had also been gathering information about the location of wireless networks, the devices which connect computers to the tele-communications network via radio waves. 😲
#-Link-Snipped-#
It's absolutely scandalous that this situation has developed and so many people have had their communications intercepted.

What do you think about this situation?

#-Link-Snipped-#
​

​

​

Replies

• shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    Well...I'm really dumbfounded why Google felt the need to tap into users' mails!And how did they spy on computer passwords from seemingly harmless civilians?Whenever we use a mail-client we entrust it with the security of our personal as well as professional communication.I'm surprised because Google takes extra care to ensure that its mail server is free of viruses & spam.You can't mail .exe files in gmail.
    If it is a part of collecting data w/o permission from the users & utilizing it for commercial gains, then it is really abhorable as well as illegal.What can I say when the one who is supposed to guard becomes the burglar.
  • Leo
    Leo
    Better way now create a mail server for yourself than trusting any site.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    the data collected was only from the users whose internet wifi connections were unsecure. If not Google any other interceptor could sniff too.
    The only difference is, company which is so big in business and intellect could not see this susceptibility when they were capturing information for street views.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

VLC Media Player, an app that lets you watch videos in several formats that aren't natively supported by the iPhone, has arrived in Apple's iTunes store. The app originated on...
means is the data safe till the personal computer, and which is the best keylogger to use..?????
what is the use of DataInputStream and BufferedReader in java programming????????
Hello to all i rarely watch television but a day or two before i saw an add of Ponds Age Miracle. The Ad says it penetrate till 20th layer of...
This Video will show you why you must be thankful for what you have, [video=youtube;T_S9zZhWm0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_S9zZhWm0Y[/video]