ISHAN TOPRE
ISHAN TOPRE
Branch Unspecified
10 Mar 2012

Google Account Searches On Web: Open In New Tab?

I have a problem with my google account. Whenever I search something, earlier a new tab would open for search page. But now when I search something on web, new tab so not open. instead, the account page is transformed in to search page.

What should I do, are there any account settings for restoring earlier set-up?
7 years ago
Issue
I have a problem with my google account. Whenever I search something, earlier a new tab would open for search page. But now when I search something on web, new tab so not open. instead, the account page is transformed in to search page.

What should I do, are there any account settings for restoring earlier set-up?
Can you exactly say where you are getting the issue? So that I can replicate it from my end and check it out... 😀
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
7 years ago
Praveen-Kumar
Can you exactly say where you are getting the issue? So that I can replicate it from my end and check it out... 😀
open your gmail account.

Search any thing say "car". When you click on "search the web", the browser should open a new tab corresponding to google search page of car.

Instead, of happening so, my account page dissolves and it is changed to the search page.

I want that for every search, a separate search page should open in new tab. Is it possible?
7 years ago
I am getting a new page... 😀 Check your Mail Settings...
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
7 years ago
Praveen-Kumar
I am getting a new page... 😀 Check your Mail Settings...
ok so what has to be done to change settings?
7 years ago
Issue
ok so what has to be done to change settings?
Not a setting which you can change. It is automatic I guess...
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
7 years ago
Praveen-Kumar
Not a setting which you can change. It is automatic I guess...
An interesting update.

Whenever we search, a dropdown comes. The option say "search in mail" the other is "search on web".

The problem I mentioned arises only when I select "search on web" with key board.
If I select "search on web" with mouse, a new tab opens as if there is no problem

What is it?
Reya

Reya

Branch Unspecified
7 years ago
Screenshot will give a clear idea I guess 😀
7 years ago
Issue
An interesting update.

Whenever we search, a dropdown comes. The option say "search in mail" the other is "search on web".

The problem I mentioned arises only when I select "search on web" with key board.
If I select "search on web" with mouse, a new tab opens as if there is no problem

What is it?
Got it... Wait... Lemme check... I clicked on it at first time! 😀
7 years ago
No... Even if I press Tab twice and press Enter key, it opened in new window only...
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
7 years ago
If I select "search the web" with arrow keys and press enter, the page transforms into google search results page for cars.

However, if I select ""search the web" and click with mouse, a new tab opens.

[​IMG]
7 years ago
Issue
If I select "search the web" with arrow keys and press enter, the page transforms into google search results page for cars.

However, if I select ""search the web" and click with mouse, a new tab opens.
That's what... Its working fine for me... I did this... Typed cars and Tab Tab Enter...
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
7 years ago
ok I got it. For opening a page in new tab,

we should press arrow key+TAB

if we press arrow key+ENTER, the page dissolves and a search page takes its place.
7 years ago
Great! 😀
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
7 years ago
Praveen-Kumar
Great! 😀
One more thing, it only applies to my gmail.com account.

crazyengineers.net account does not follow it.
7 years ago
Issue
One more thing, it only applies to my gmail.com account.

crazyengineers.net account does not follow it.
Oh yeah... I didn't try in gmail.com anyways... Lemme try and check it out... 😛

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.