Google Account Searches On Web: Open In New Tab?

I have a problem with my google account. Whenever I search something, earlier a new tab would open for search page. But now when I search something on web, new tab so not open. instead, the account page is transformed in to search page.

What should I do, are there any account settings for restoring earlier set-up?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Issue
    I have a problem with my google account. Whenever I search something, earlier a new tab would open for search page. But now when I search something on web, new tab so not open. instead, the account page is transformed in to search page.

What should I do, are there any account settings for restoring earlier set-up?
    Can you exactly say where you are getting the issue? So that I can replicate it from my end and check it out... πŸ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Praveen-Kumar
    Can you exactly say where you are getting the issue? So that I can replicate it from my end and check it out... πŸ˜€
    open your gmail account.

Search any thing say "car". When you click on "search the web", the browser should open a new tab corresponding to google search page of car.

Instead, of happening so, my account page dissolves and it is changed to the search page.

I want that for every search, a separate search page should open in new tab. Is it possible?
    I am getting a new page... πŸ˜€ Check your Mail Settings...
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Praveen-Kumar
    I am getting a new page... πŸ˜€ Check your Mail Settings...
    ok so what has to be done to change settings?
    Issue
    ok so what has to be done to change settings?
    Not a setting which you can change. It is automatic I guess...
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Praveen-Kumar
    Not a setting which you can change. It is automatic I guess...
    An interesting update.

Whenever we search, a dropdown comes. The option say "search in mail" the other is "search on web".

The problem I mentioned arises only when I select "search on web" with key board.
    If I select "search on web" with mouse, a new tab opens as if there is no problem β˜•

What is it?
  • Reya
    Reya
    Screenshot will give a clear idea I guess πŸ˜€
    Issue
    An interesting update.

Whenever we search, a dropdown comes. The option say "search in mail" the other is "search on web".

The problem I mentioned arises only when I select "search on web" with key board.
    If I select "search on web" with mouse, a new tab opens as if there is no problem β˜•

What is it?
    Got it... Wait... Lemme check... I clicked on it at first time! πŸ˜€
    No... Even if I press Tab twice and press Enter key, it opened in new window only...
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    If I select "search the web" with arrow keys and press enter, the page transforms into google search results page for cars.

However, if I select ""search the web" and click with mouse, a new tab opens.

[​IMG]
    Issue
    If I select "search the web" with arrow keys and press enter, the page transforms into google search results page for cars.

However, if I select ""search the web" and click with mouse, a new tab opens.
    That's what... Its working fine for me... I did this... Typed cars and Tab Tab Enter...
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    ok I got it. For opening a page in new tab,

we should press arrow key+TAB

if we press arrow key+ENTER, the page dissolves and a search page takes its place.
    Great! πŸ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Praveen-Kumar
    Great! πŸ˜€
    One more thing, it only applies to my gmail.com account.

crazyengineers.net account does not follow it.
    Issue
    One more thing, it only applies to my gmail.com account.

crazyengineers.net account does not follow it.
    Oh yeah... I didn't try in gmail.com anyways... Lemme try and check it out... πŸ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Take time to think on this: Girls leave their schedule wide-open and wait for a guy to call and make plans. Grown women make their own plans and nicely tell...
Women Entrepreneurs on the Web teaches participants how to use web-based technologies to improve and grow their businesses. WEOW is divided into five different units or β€œcircles,” all designed for...
I came across an interesting claim from Audi. Audi has patented its Aluminum space frame design. It says, Audi is the only car manufacturer in the world to use complete...
hey guys tell me how to determine the following: consider two v-pulleys connected by a v belt. the speed at which the driving pulley rotates is known . how do...