Google +1 Button Versus Facebook Like Button - Who will be the winner?

Google has announced that its +1 button will be displayed across the web from today, landing on websites themselves rather than solely on Google.com search results.
The +1 button is a lot like the Facebook 'Like' button, allowing users to say "that's cool" to their friends.

Google has partnered with 11 big-traffic sites which will be the first to get the +1 button, including Rotten Tomatoes, Reuters, Best Buy, BloomBerg and the Washington Post.
The button will also start appearing on the Google-owned Android Market, YouTube and Blogger.

Will this be tough competition for Facebook 'Like'? Or there is simply no chance for +1?
Have your say.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    As engineers, we ought to have opinions about things happening around us.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I feel google has somehow fallen behind in race except for some original innovations from their end. rest they are trying to keep up with others. There have been many such examples like -wave, buzz, orkut and an upcoming facebook killer. 'Like' shows on our FB page , where will +1 show up??? I am confused
  • pkantham
    pkantham
    Although Google came up with +1 after Facebook, and it's very similar to the latter, it seems to have quite a potential. The social search bandwagon that Facebook is hyping upon will be hijacked as soon as Google makes this public to the world. This is because, Google unlike Bing, is the number one in research. Bing doesn't seem to have much of a differentiating factor in search. So the partnership with Facebook may not work wonders for it; yes it may work wonders for Facebook instead.

However, it will need to be seen if Google's +1 is as viral in acceptance by websites as Facebook's open graph.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Facebook....Just because it's Popular with the Likes... Just add up all the likes in Facebook now, and then see how many +1 can get. I bet it won't cross, unless Google buys Facebook!!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Well still +1 button is new i think after some time it will cross FB's LIKE button. 😉 I am using Google + and its Amazing. Something new!!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    durga
    I feel google has somehow fallen behind in race except for some original innovations from their end. rest they are trying to keep up with others. There have been many such examples like -wave, buzz, orkut and an upcoming facebook killer. 'Like' shows on our FB page , where will +1 show up??? I am confused
    I agree with Durga. Recently, Google lost a bid for 2000 NORTEL patents, there by losin its mobile phone dreams. Google earlier had plans to enter telecom sector.

But Yes, google+ is cool, as AKD suggests. Don't know who will be the winner though.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I guess FB's like button deserves more to Google's +1 because, it has gained a user experience over these years... So I would say FB's Like would be the winner... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google announced on it's blog that soon Google Apps will only support modern browsers. Beginning August 1st, Google’ll support the current and prior major release of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer...
Chromebooks are in news all around. You can check them out here: Chromebook I didn't get the whole idea behind devising a Chromebook and Google Chrome OS. It's just a...
Please share all the important Dates for GATE 2012. 😀 GATE 2012 application form or GATE 2012 Notification: Mid of September 2011 Last Date for submitting GATE 2012 Application Form:...
Following is the syllabus for GATE I.T. Students: Engineering Mathematics Mathematical Logic: Propositional Logic; First Order Logic. Probability: Conditional Probability; Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation; Random Variables; Distributions; uniform,...
This video shows how to create a 2D schematic plumbing system. [video=youtube;5lpFNW1c1O8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lpFNW1c1O8[/video]