Good news to students who want to pursue dual degree

🎉
UGC(university Grants Commision) has announced that A student who is pursuing a B.sc course can apply for B.Tech and those who is pursuing engineering degree can apply for bachelor of science.UGC had said that the student cant apply for another degree in same college but he can opt in other college.
UGC had created a committee for exploring the possibilities of students to pursue dual degree at a time and this committee had met for the meeting in july and came up with a good and happy decision that students can enroll for two degrees at a time(eg: He/She can enroll for B.tech cs and apply for B.A history If he had fulfilled the Eligibility Criteria.
Former Vice Chancellor of Madras University has stated the decision that "Need of the hour".
Whats your take on this.
Source😁eccan Chronicle😁

Replies

• mmm111
    mmm111
    This is what am waiting for..... am into my first year b.tech can i appy for b.sc or my favourite b.a history? how is it possible? is other degree is in correspondence ?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    mmm111
    This is what am waiting for..... am into my first year b.tech can i appy for b.sc or my favourite b.a history? how is it possible? is other degree is in correspondence ?
    You can only take on the course which your CURRENT college can offer. No correspondence / no other college. Same one only.
  • mmm111
    mmm111
    Nayan Goenka
    You can only take on the course which your CURRENT college can offer. No correspondence / no other college. Same one only.

then what's the thread is all about? it says that "a student can simultaneously take up other courses too" right? but u saying thats not? !
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    mmm111
    then what's the thread is all about? it says that "a student can simultaneously take up other courses too" right? but u saying thats not? !

You can simultaneously take B.Tech and B.Sc in SAME college, not any correspondence degree or degree from different college.
  • mmm111
    mmm111
    Nayan Goenka
    You can simultaneously take B.Tech and B.Sc in SAME college, not any correspondence degree or degree from different college.

not at all..the report says that the other should not be a regular one..from a different university
  • mmm111
    mmm111
    you review what the starter of thread has said,."UGC had said that the student cant apply for another degree in same college but he can opt in other college." " He/She can enroll for B.tech cs and apply for B.A history If he had fulfilled the Eligibility Criteria."
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    mmm111
    you review what the starter of thread has said,."UGC had said that the student cant apply for another degree in same college but he can opt in other college." " He/She can enroll for B.tech cs and apply for B.A history If he had fulfilled the Eligibility Criteria."

OOps my bad. reversed it. sorry
  • mmm111
    mmm111
    yes..
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    refer the following link to know the updated decision of UGC
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • mail154
    mail154
    ya i too read that..csk auto when will it be effective? do you aware of the procedures?
  • mail154
    mail154
    @CSKAUTO no details more than this available as of now?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Will update after I get a detailed info.Sorry for now.
  • mail154
    mail154
    No Problem..I Am Really Interested in this and in all pages i can get same amount of data and nothing more than that..So I Asked You.. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After the phenomenal launch of Microsoft Surface, though the tablet set the tech savvy audience on powerful discussions, the same didn't reflect on the company's sales charts. And therefore, not...
Yes CEans I was lucky to read this article that General Motors who is one of the best automobile manufacturers in world claimed to be at no.1 position in PATENT...
Skoda India has officially announced the new Skoda Octavia for Indian markets. The Octavia brand, darling of automobile enthusiasts all over India has just made a comeback. We wrote about...
We all knew that TATA,Hindustan and Maruti Suzuki ruled the Auto Industry in India till 1990's but After the globalization and people's love for foreign brands, all the things changed...
Okay, here's the simple script if you want to change uppercase filenames to lower-case & vice-versa. Uppercase Filenames To Lowercase : #!/bin/sh if [ $# -eq 0 ] ; then...