GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) 4.8.0 RC - Now Available.

It's been almost a year of compiler update since GCC 4.7. Jacub Jelinek,the Red Hat developer announced Release Candidate First (RC1) on last week, Saturday.

GNU

This Major update of Compiler collection is not in the state of the release.The Major update in GCC 4.8.0 includes improved support for C11,C++11,other languages handling improvement & code generation improvements,support for Intel Broadwell & various ARM improvements.

- GCC 4.8.0 has support for AMD SteamRoller "BullDozer 3" & "Jaguar" which are the Next-Gen AMD APU.

- GCC 4.8.0 will offer some speed improvements for for Quad Core A9 SoC,suppose to increase speed On Nvidia Tegra 3

GCC 4.8.0 RC Announcement mailing list : #-Link-Snipped-#

GCC 4.8.0 Detailed Changes can be found : GCC 4.8 Release Series — Changes, New Features, and Fixes- GNU Project

GCC 4.8.0 Compiler is faster ? The Rival LLVM/Clang 3.3 Benchmarks are questioning the survival of GCC ?
Time will speak.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi.. this is my first post so please give a plenty of suggestions. I am a final year E&E grad student. I and my friend want to start a small...
Jim Klein,Founder fo Ubermix designed the Linux based distro keeping Kids & Educators in mind.This is some kinda small awareness which is going to change the conception of Opensource &...
As we had promised, here's delivering to you the latest update straight from the Department of Space; the first Satellite of Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) constellation is set...
Hey I was working this in my mind and found this question unanswered after a long time Can you guys tell can a device which is working in AC mains...
So, my GFX card is fried (Kids! too much OC'ing is baaad) & thus I am back to Intel inbuilt chipset (FML!) As usual,I can't suppress the urge of gaming...