Gmail overtakes Yahoo! Mail as India’s #1 email service

The popularity of Gmail in India cannot be denied, but even we were a bit surprised by a new report that stated it has already gone past Yahoo! Mail as the country’s most preferred email service.

the number of unique users of Yahoo! Mail dropped from 18.2 million in August to 16.8 million in September – a decline of 8 per cent. Meanwhile, Gmail gained 3 per cent in traffic to go to 18.2 million unique users in September, surpassing its rival by 1.4 million users.

Trailing the two close competitors are Rediff Mail, MSN Mail and In.com mail, in that order, reports ContentSutra. In September, Rediff Mail had 6.25 million unique users, while MSN Mail had 4.11 million and In.com mail had 0.84 million unique users.

“The launch of Gmail in eight Indian languages was a positive step in this direction,” said Vinay Goel, head of products, Google India, stressing on local content to be the factor that took them ahead.

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Congratulations gmail..! I think this is due to its fastness.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Good News , thanks for the information Mahesh!!

I too shifted from yahoo to gmail 😀
  • justaglance
    justaglance
    Great News!.
    I like Gmail than Yahoo.
  • madhumurundi
    madhumurundi
    I like GMAIL

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The free e-mail client from the makers of Firefox makes an excellent choice for homes and personal use. Here are few tips to make a pro at using it. Access...
Cyber criminals are now more organized While Virus writers were once doing their dubious deeds for fun, they are now a more organized group who trade services. Eugene V. Kaspersky,...
Principal to student..." I saw u yesterday rotating near girls hostel pulling cigerette...? " ********************************************************************* Class teacher once said : " pick up the paper and fall in the dustbin!!!"...
Life always has two choice................ If u have to make urself happy, u gotta hurt someone else. If u need to make others happy, u gotta hurt urself. CHOICE IS...
Hello, I'm posting this thread on behalf of our CEan crazy_electronic. If you know of any electronics companies in Chennai that recruits electronics, electronics & communication engineers, please post the...