Give us this day another day: Introduce a girl to Engineering Day

US is given to having a day for everything, which has the convenience of ignoring whatever it is for the other 364 days.
There is a major fear that women shun engineering and that gender equality should be established. In India the politicos will get into the act with reservations and subreservations for minorities.
Some engineers (males) may feel more comfortable with status quo because of a secret fear that they would be upstaged by the fair (and lovely?) sex if the dames get to build dams.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Working with females has the same advantages of working in teams, divergent views and opinions leading to highly debatable discussions resulting in a good end result. I for one respect their opinions and i speak from experience. I worked in teams on many projects with girls. Men and Women think differently and if you appreciate this you can use it to your advantage.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Seems sufficiently crazy to figure here. The Vodka is fuel for the driver. Who knows? May work in the engine too. As far snow, only in the North I guess....
This is one book that I have used a lot. Saves enormous leg work except to track down who has taken away the book. It used to be short on...
It takes quite a bit of focussed engineering even to take apart safely a nuclear bomb. Here is the story of how engineers at Sandia National Laboratories did that with...
I need the information of paper presentation TOPICS for VLSI , embedded systems ... please inform me what is the way of getting quality information. thanks & regards, praVn.
what is the significance of DC,AC,Absolute maximum parameter of Datasheet of D flip flop ? why I should bother about those parameters ?