Gionee P5 Mini: Android Lollipop, Face Unlock & Quad-Core Processor For Rs. 5,349

Gionee has quietly put up details of its new smartphone on its website. The Gionee P5 Mini made an appearance on the company’s website yesterday and was picked up by various sources on the internet. The Gionee P5 Mini is an entry level smartphone that is available in six different colours, Red, White, Black, Blue, Yellow, and Gold. The USP of the smartphone is the Face Unlock feature which uses facial recognition to unlock your smartphone. It is very interesting to see the availability of facial recognition on an entry level smartphone. The Gionee P5 Mini sports a 4.5inch FWVGA (854 x 480 pixels) resolution display that is protected by Asahi glass.

Gionee P5 Mini (1)
Gionee P5 Mini (2) Gionee P5 Mini (5)Gionee P5 Mini (4) Gionee P5 Mini (3)

The Gionee P5 Mini houses a Mediatek MT6580M chipset that contains a 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 quad-core CPU, Mali-400MP2 and 1GB of RAM which take care of Android 5.1 (Lollipop) that is coated with the company’s Amigo 3.1 skin. The Gionee P5 Mini has an internal memory of 8GB out of which only 2.5GB is usable by the customer. This means you will have to spend extra case to buy microSD cards of up to 128GB to go with the Gionee P5 Mini if you want a larger storage. When it comes to the cameras on the Gionee P5 Mini there is nothing exceptional. You get a standard 5MP LED flash equipped sensor on the rear and on the front you get a very small 2MP sensor.

The Gionee P5 Mini comes equipped with proximity sensor, G-sensor, e-compass, motion and light sensor. Gionee preloads apps like Xender, WhatsApp, Facebook, Battery Doctor, WPS office, 360 Security Lite, Clean Master and TouchPal 2015. Connectivity options like Wi-FI, microUSB and Bluetooth are included on the Gionee P5 Mini. The Gionee P5 Mini is powered by 1850mAh battery that is claimed to offer 227 hours of standby and 9 hours of talk time. The Gionee P5 Mini measures 132 x 66x 9.1mm and weighs 132 grams. The smartphone will be available with online retailers and brick and mortar shops soon at a retail price of Rs. 5,349.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello sir I have completed my bsc in computers and statistics in 2013. From one year I am working in a MNC company as a associate. I don't have much...
The new e-skin display developed by researchers from University of Tokyo will enable demonstration of blood oxygen level, e-skin heart rate sensors for athletes and many other applications. The flexible...
Hello World! I am Jash Mota. I'm a programmer and robotics enthusiast, who decided to walk on road less travelled. I am 18, and a student of Mechatronics at NMIMS...
In recent times, scientists have been working hard to achieve nanophotonics integration in the field of bioscience, in order to artificially develop, flexible and portable technologies to cure physical and...
Samsonite, one of the world's leading manufacturers luggage and travel bags, has teamed up with Google to create trackable suitcases. The new Track&Go system will use a smartphone app and...