Gionee Elife S5.5 Is Now The World's Slimmest Smartphone

Chinese smartphone maker Gionee has revealed their new smartphone Gionee Elife S5.5. This is considered to be world’s slimmest smartphone having thickness of just 5.5 mm. Gionee Elife S5.5 leaves vivo x3,Ascend P6 and Sony Xperia Z ultra behind in thickness section in which they are having 5.75mm, 6.16mm and 6.5 mm dimensions respectively. The company has shared that they have named the phone after its thickness and not the display as is the trend.

Gionee’s president William Lu believes that smartphones are not only consumer electronics products but also decorative artwork. So they designed world’s slimmest smartphone crafted with distinct metallic frame and Corning Gorilla glass. This phone consists of world’s thinnest AMOLED display and PCB with a 0.6mm and 0.4mm glass rear cover.
gionee_elife_s55

Moving on to specifications of phone - Elife S5.5 packs 1.7 GHz true octa-core processor with 2GB of RAM and 5” Super AMOLED display. It comes with a 13 megapixel primary camera and 5 megapixel secondary camera, which Gionee claims to be world’s first 95 degree ultra-wide angle cam. The smartphone runs on Amigo OS 2.0, which is based on Android 4.2. As Elife S5.5 is an ultra-slim smartphone having high-end hardware it needs a powerful battery. Hence, Gionee has fitted a 2300 mAH battery in this phone. Camera software of Elife S5.5 is same as that of company's current flagship Elife E7.

In connectivity section, Elife S5.5 has Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi, GPS, G-sensor and USB on-the-go support. Gionee Elife S5.5 will be available in different colors like black, white, blue, pink, and purple. This phone is listed on company’s website for pre-order, only for Chinese market at CNY 2,299(Rs. 23,500). Gionee plans to launch this smartphone in 40 other countries in the second quarter and a LTE version of this phone will be released in June. Elife S5.5 will also be on display in MWC 2014 at Barcelona.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Madhava Verma Dantuluri
    Madhava Verma Dantuluri
    This is really sleek, and seems good features too.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm sure it'd double as a knife.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    So at a price if 23-24k , Elife is going to snap some share from other giants.
    BTW, Amigo os?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm sure it'd double as a knife.
    I hope it at least cuts paper. 😍
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I hope it at least cuts paper. 😍
    ..and hands too.
  • Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ..and hands too.
    ....or pockets, maybe?
  • Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    So at a price if 23-24k , Elife is going to snap some share from other giants.
    BTW, Amigo os?
    Highly costumized android... they named it Amigo UI
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Aditya Deshmukh
    Highly costumized android... they named it Amigo UI
    Thanks for info

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Continuing my series of weekend debates, I present you another topic to put some thought into. Since it was a weekend I decided to indulge myself with my favorite dish...
Hi, Could you please suggest me which one would be better to opt for. Also it could be great if you could give some reasons as well along with the...
Yeah! You heard it right !! Try it right now, WhatsApp won't work, Facebook, showed it, how can they turn the world upside down !
South Korean Electronics giant Samsung today introduced the Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo. These new versions of Gear are in many terms different than the previous ones. The...
Out of thousands of phones available in the market, which phone do you think offers great value for money? I'm not talking about any specific range of phones based on...