Getting Sonar sensor to work under water

I wanted to be able to use a sonar sensor such as this: #-Link-Snipped-# but I'm not sure how I would get it to work underwater. I'm thinking any sort of water proof casing I would put it in to protect the chip, would block the actual sonar signal. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to either make this work or suggest a product that would work under water? Thanks for any help.

Replies

• shadeslayer
    shadeslayer
    as far as i think proper casing using plastic thin cover will not block sonar waves ,, give it a try.
  • el3ktr1k
    el3ktr1k
    Ok thanks. I think I'll have the casing made as thin as possible and see if that works.
  • shadeslayer
    shadeslayer
    okie,,, looking forward to get the positive reply

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Our editor-in-chief, Mayur and I had a discussion over the phone regarding the nature of the contests that we run on CE. We discussed if we should keep the...
hello frnds im new to this community...... i went through your work of developing a msnger .........it was indeed good... bt i cldnt understand how u people managed to discuss...
Hello, Let me first of all describe what i am trying to do. I hope after reading this you people will not deviate from the subject -instead will help me...
One thing I know about all the guitarists from India is that they either a) know how to play b) learning hard to play this song from bollywood movie "Kalakaar"...
We request you to take a minute to read this short article before you post on CE Forums. For all questions related to this site, visit: -> New Members' Joint...