Get Power From Single Table Fan

Its Possible to get power from single table fan?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    Its Possible to get power from single table fan?
    I'm not sure what you are asking. Perhaps adding more details to your question can help us understand your question better and post our responses. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Shiyam Sundhar.N
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    The_Big_K
    I'm not sure what you are asking. Perhaps adding more details to your question can help us understand your question better and post our responses. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Without load its possible to get power from table fan
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    Without load its possible to get power from table fan
    Still not clear, sorry. Don't shy away from writing more ๐Ÿ˜€ . What setup are you thinking that would lead to generation of power from table fan?
  • Shiyam Sundhar.N
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    The_Big_K
    Still not clear, sorry. Don't shy away from writing more ๐Ÿ˜€ . What setup are you thinking that would lead to generation of power from table fan?
    No i am not shy. If connect some alternator to backside of table fan. it takes load. For that i need solution .
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    the torque generated by a table fan motor is not sufficient to power an alternator.

i tried this project once myself.
  • Shiyam Sundhar.N
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    Hi
    zaveri
    the torque generated by a table fan motor is not sufficient to power an alternator.

i tried this project once myself.
    Hi, can explain as detail.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    Hi

Hi, can explain as detail.
    table fan and ceiling fan motors are very low power motors and they are designed with a very low factor of safety, that is to say, that the torque generated by them in Nm is very low and only enough to accelerate the blades which are generally light weight.

the armature of an alternator however requires more torque, than can be provided by any domestic fan motor.

so if you mechanically couple the shafts of the fan motor and alternator, the fan motor will stall, due to the high moment of inertia of the alternator armature,
  • lal
    lal
    Do you mean, make the fan motor work as an alternator, by making the motor rotate with the help of blades absorbing energy from wind blowing outside?

Its an induction motor in most fans. Making induction motor work as a generator is not so easy as with its counterparts with those fan baldes. Induction motors need to be rotated at a speed greater than the rated speed for this to happen. something that is almost impossible with a normal table fan using natural wind as a power source to the prime mover.
  • Shiyam Sundhar.N
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    lal
    Do you mean, make the fan motor work as an alternator, by making the motor rotate with the help of blades absorbing energy from wind blowing outside?

Its an induction motor in most fans. Making induction motor work as a generator is not so easy as with its counterparts with those fan baldes. Induction motors need to be rotated at a speed greater than the rated speed for this to happen. something that is almost impossible with a normal table fan using natural wind as a power source to the prime mover.
    k i understand can tell some electrical business.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    k i understand can tell some electrical business.

how about manufacturing fan regulators and calling bells. ?

it is quite lucrative nowadays.
  • Shiyam Sundhar.N
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    zaveri
    how about manufacturing fan regulators and calling bells. ?

it is quite lucrative nowadays.
    Can you detail?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    Can you detail?

there is nothing much to elaborate over.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Please tell some electrical business. I am waiting for your kind reply. Please send details as soon as possible.
Indian markets are flooded with budget phones and tablets. Every new day, I see a new company offering their phones - with almost the same hardware and software and a...
are commonly used tyres in cars are tubeless or tyres with tubes..??
I've been looking for the technical reasons why Indian Government is making Set Top Boxes compulsory and I found out that real reason behind the move is to free up...
Here's a final year CS project idea that's easy to implement yet innovative. The idea is not mine, but is inspired from a Japanese project described here - https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/password-security-with-multiple-dummy-mouse-cursors.67123/. Abstract...