GENOME 3.2 Releases: Here's What's New

There's a large community of Linux users and a lot of them are casual Linux users. Many of them are familiar with KDE and GENOME user interfaces. The GENOME project has released the latest version of their code and it's called GENOME 3.2.

Here's what's new -

• It is now easier to resize a window as the area for this has been increased.
  • System Settings now includes links to related settings found in other locations. For instance, the Keyboard section now has a link to the keyboard layout.
  • Titlebars, buttons, and other controls are less tall, making it easier to use GNOME on small screens.
  • Notifications in the lower-right corner now include a counter. This makes it easier to see how many emails are waiting for you without having to open your email program, or to determine how many messages you have missed in a particular chat.
  • The highlight effect that indicates that an application is already running has been made more obvious.
  • In the user menu, notifications can be configured independently from the chat status.
  • The workspace switcher in the overview remains expanded by keeping its full width displayed when you are using more than one workspace.
  • Instead of assuming Evolution, the application for the calendar drop-down can now be customized.
  • The battery power status is now shown using a bar.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Friends, The online application of GATE is on. The following video will sail you through all your difficulties. The last date is October 17. You can fill your forms here->...
dear sirs i have a steam line on which there is an orifice plate , the orifice was calculated on a pressure of 40 bar, but due to a problem...
My question is what is the need of single sign on in J2EE applications. We can configure session context in the application server (server.xml file) , so that all the...
Techno-management is the theme of Sameeksha-the Annual National Paper Presentation Contest that stages brilliant ideas and innovations in the field of technology and management and allows young researchers and students...
Sounds interesting isn't it? Rajit(Name changed for some Obvious Reasons), 11 year old Nice of mine who loves spending time with me had come for a month in his summer...