Genetic engineering in humans in bad - agree or not?

We all know that genetic engineering can help in curing many diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson's, Cystic Fibrosis, Haemophilia, colour blindness, some cancers, and down syndrome. But we have also heard of the so-called bad thing about genetic engineering i.e. cloning. Cloning is a process where we make same creatures from its DNA. I have heard people go the range of saying that cloning devalues the value of human life.
Not just that, they even say that to make a good product of cloning you need to test a really huge number of unsuccessful units.

So, what do you think CEans? : Genetic engineering in humans in bad - agree or not?

Replies

• nitesh mishra
    nitesh mishra
    AbraKaDabra
    We all know that genetic engineering can help in curing many diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson's, Cystic Fibrosis, Haemophilia, colour blindness, some cancers, and down syndrome. But we have also heard of the so-called bad thing about genetic engineering i.e. cloning. Cloning is a process where we make same creatures from its DNA. I have heard people go the range of saying that cloning devalues the value of human life.
    Not just that, they even say that to make a good product of cloning you need to test a really huge number of unsuccessful units.

So, what do you think CEans? : Genetic engineering in humans in bad - agree or not?
    yes i agree genetic engineering in human is bad because we cannot know the consequences of it and as you told to get one successful result we have to test really huge number of unsuccessful units
  • er.prit
    er.prit
    Every advancement and upcoming in the latest technologies creates both new opportunities and new threats. As per my opinion genetic engineering in human is bad because we don't have any idea how these genetically modified organisms are going to react with the environment. It is true that genetic engineering can cure many diseases but it can lead to new one as well. Who knows that genetically altered body or mixing of any traits of DNA may create any infections? May be such alteration lead to diseases which may be new to us and we don't have any solution to cure that.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

MIT engineering team has worked on improving the ultrasound systems used to capture ultrasound images called sonograms (commonly used during pregnancy related tests). The researchers have been successful in compensating...
Hello Everyone!! i'm working on this C program which deals with user registration and login page. I was successful is writing the program for only 1 user. But now when...
Here is a list of project ideas for projects of Automobile Engineering. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects....
Can this happen in reality or , is this just creative visualization.? the ad is fascinating though
I'm looking for an apt word to describe 'ज़िद्दी' (Hindi Word). Someone who's stubborn about getting the things done, 'never give up' attitude, who won't take 'no' as an answer...