General Tips in Designing a Robot

Here is my small contribution to this section

First never see BUDGET"
Next FIX THE SIZE OF BOT
Then comes the DESIGN . Here you will have to make the maximum Utilisation of each and every Sq. cm you are putting in your BOT

Never over do your ROBOT

Never go for features you know that you can't fit into the given and chosen dimension

Leave adequate space for power system in a robot that will make you comfortable in placing other components.

NOTE: Don't design a robot for a power rating Design a power source for your desired model.

Final step is the most important designing the power source Consider the overload condition also. This means if your Bot has a theoretical calculation of about 600W then make sure that your power source can deliver a minimum of 660 W. This tolerance range protects the power system from crashing down due to overload.

Other than that nothing to add now ,😉

When ideas cross my mind I will add on and so this thread is open for all to contribute

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    Thank you

But i guess the size of the bot has to be defined in the beginning.
  • solar morpher
    solar morpher
    zaveri
    Thank you

But i guess the size of the bot has to be defined in the beginning.
    Virtually seeing that is the first step here I put never look at budget as the first prioritised advice as that will make your design inefficient and hamper further modifications
  • solar morpher
    solar morpher
    An update While designing the power supply there is a need to monitor overload as well so If the rating of your entire Robot is about 40 W at 2 A it is better to go for power supplies capable of delivering higher current and voltage say 50 W at 3 A

The extra supply will never destroy your robot at any time mind it
  • safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    You explain the well on this topics.
    But the students have to see the budget first to make the robotics i think.
    Also you please clear the point Don't design a robot for a power rating Design more briefly please!
  • solar morpher
    solar morpher
    safiajen0055
    You explain the well on this topics.
    But the students have to see the budget first to make the robotics i think.
    Also you please clear the point Don't design a robot for a power rating Design more briefly please!
    Thanks Buddy.

Well here it is.

You make some features for a robot and you use motors and stuff like that to run them right. These motors need some electric energy to be driven. This is delivered to us by the power source.

Now I have heard of people seeking for robots which can be made to run with a 10 Ah battery. This is a very wrong idea about making a robot. You design all the functional features of your robot and then calculate the total power consumed by every component put inside and use a suitable power source to drive the load.

This is the best approach for making a Robot.

About the other statement I am sorry for you students.
  • safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    solar morpher
    Thanks Buddy.

Well here it is.

You make some features for a robot and you use motors and stuff like that to run them right. These motors need some electric energy to be driven. This is delivered to us by the power source.

Now I have heard of people seeking for robots which can be made to run with a 10 Ah battery. This is a very wrong idea about making a robot. You design all the functional features of your robot and then calculate the total power consumed by every component put inside and use a suitable power source to drive the load.

This is the best approach for making a Robot.

About the other statement I am sorry for you students.
    Now i am satisfied with the knowledge and point is cleared. Thanks Sir and please not make statements like I am sorry for you students 😀
  • solar morpher
    solar morpher
    safiajen0055
    Now i am satisfied with the knowledge and point is cleared. Thanks Sir and please not make statements like I am sorry for you students 😀
    Friend making a robot itself needs determination and passion. In my view a student who makes a robot has all this yet when it comes to a thing called BUDGET all their imagination and ideas are sealed

It is like a cattle with a metre long cord. However a student desires He/ She can not go beyond a particular point cos of this border.

Hope and pray that all student's manage to come out of this barrier in the future

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

uBuntu fans (we've a large number of them here on CrazyEngineers) will be happy to hear the news. System76 has launched world's fastest gaming machine that runs on uBuntu -...
Playstation Vita users can now upgrade the firmware to version 2.0 and enjoy faster internet browsing experience and get PS Plus. The update also allows launching the browser without having...
need tutorials for stress analysis of aircraft wing using MSC Nastran/Patran, i am in cofusion how to apply loads and boundary conditions.Pl help need urgent
It turns out that engineering students have been searching for a project report format & sample. I found my old project report my team had created and decided to make...
Almost all liquid containing vegetables and fruits can generate power. Actually all that happens is that the more electro positive electrode dissolve in the fluid, which always contains some minerals...