G'day mates. Another new member... from Australia

Name: Nocker

*Engineering Trade: Electronics & Computer Systems

*Occupation
: Work full time at a security electronics design and manufacturing company, study part time (final year)

Work Experience
: 1 year of Industry Based Learning (IBL) as part of my course and 3 years with my current employer.

*Hobbies & Interests
: RC helicopters, Helicopters, Golf

*Aim in life
: To finish my university course... I started studying full time, then had a year of IBL, then full time study, then a year break, then back part time. I started my course in 2001 so when I finish at the end of this year it will be 9 years!

*I joined CrazyEngineers because: Thought I'd check it out and see if I could offer anything (possibly) and see if I could gain anything (more likely)

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Welcome to CE. Hope to see your active participation at CE,
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Welcome to CE mate!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    A Grand welcome to our CE..!

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS...THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY...
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Welcome to CE .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Awesome! Looks like we'll have a CE-Australia meet very soon πŸ˜‰ !

Welcome to CE, Nocker! We hope you will enjoy CE and help us spread the word among your friends.

We look forward to having you as an active member of CrazyEngineers!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Welcome aboard CE! Glad to have you here & looking forward to reading your posts.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Hey, nice to have you here!!
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Welcome to CE,
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Welcome to CE!

Please share any pics or vids of your RC Heli if possible πŸ˜€
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Welcome to CE...
  • priyank_180
    priyank_180
    Welcome to our CE family... 😁
  • Nocker
    Nocker
    ash
    Welcome to CE!

Please share any pics or vids of your RC Heli if possible πŸ˜€
    Hi,

I've only got a couple of videos on YouTube. Here is a link Learning to fly my RC helicopter - the final cut - YouTube
    I'm not very good at flying it and it REALLY doesn't help that I don't have a working GYRO πŸ˜”

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    [youtube]K9jx-JkHp4U[/youtube]

PS: Adding Nocker's RC video to post 😁 I like your machine, friend!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hey Hi!
    all have already welcomed you 😁
    I am wodering which university allows 9 years study 😁
    Part time for max is 6 years right?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Nice heli Nocker! Thats pretty good for first time flying, haha. I'm currently working with a 4ch RC heli for my final year project.. you can check some pics at this thread:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Good luck finishing with your studies!
  • Nocker
    Nocker
    ash
    Nice heli Nocker! Thats pretty good for first time flying, haha. I'm currently working with a 4ch RC heli for my final year project.. you can check some pics at this thread:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Good luck finishing with your studies!
    Thanks. That was a compilation of all of the attempts of flight that I did. I only put the parts of video in the clip where the helicopter actually got off the ground 😁

Durga:
    I think the limit I have is 10 years. It is really hard studying part time, working full time and having a wife & 6 kids
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Nocker
    Thanks. That was a compilation of all of the attempts of flight that I did. I only put the parts of video in the clip where the helicopter actually got off the ground 😁
    Ya know, you should add crashes too.. they are the most interesting! πŸ˜›

Have you tried night flights? Add some colour LEDs to the rotors, quite a spectacular view.. though it might scare off some folks thinking its a UFO of sorts, lol.
  • dipen30
    dipen30
    welcome to C.E
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ Nocker: Have a look at this thread: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ash
    Have you tried night flights? Add some colour LEDs to the rotors, quite a spectacular view.. though it might scare off some folks thinking its a UFO of sorts, lol.
    @Ash :
    😐 do you really want this guy to be a scarecrow????people already go bonkers over UFO and report them with all the possible description 😁

@nocker: I agreeπŸ˜€ it's too tough to study with so much of responsibiltiy around. All the best!!
  • Nocker
    Nocker
    durga
    @Ash :
    😐 do you really want this guy to be a scarecrow????people already go bonkers over UFO and report them with all the possible description 😁

@nocker: I agreeπŸ˜€ it's too tough to study with so much of responsibiltiy around. All the best!!
    Yes I've seen OTHER people with these fancy LEDs and neons. I've got an hour home video of a model 'fly in' that I went to years ago. Personally I'd just be happy to have full control over the heli. It takes heaps of practice to be able to fly it well. I don't have the time for it at the moment so I've given the heli to my dad. When I finish uni and can afford it I'll spend the money and get a good quality setup.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys can a step up transformer raise a voltage of 10mV to 220V..
guys can anyone tell me some project names tat implement AI
CEans, CrazyEngineers has associated with IIT Guwahati Techniche 2009 as an online media partner. Check out more information about Techniche 2009 on its official website - Techniche'09 Keep watch on...
Hi guys, i m planning to do a image processing project for my final year. The project is extracting the text from a image and One of the main focuses...
hi, how does an gps receiver could process the information obtained from about 20 satellites and shows the approximate location of an area without data collision?