GCC Compiler

I want to compile programs on my website using GCC compiler
like this one Online Compiler and IDE >> C/C++, Java, PHP, Python, Perl and 70+ other compilers and interpreters - Ideone.com
any suggestions?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    You'll need a VPS for that. You can then run commands via PHP/Python/Perl or anything else.
  • Rushi Suthar
    Rushi Suthar
    can you tell me more about the topic as i am unaware of the term VPS
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rushi Suthar
    can you tell me more about the topic as i am unaware of the term VPS
    VPS is a virtual private server - basically a 'virtual computer' created on top of a physical computer by using virtualisation software. That helps more control over the machines and the environment and also allow for quicker provisioning.

[Prototype]
    You'll need a VPS for that. You can then run commands via PHP/Python/Perl or anything else.
    Isn't it the JavaScript that handles most of the stuff on client's machine? I'm not aware of how those online compilers work.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Rushi Suthar
    I want to compile programs on my website using GCC compiler
    like this one Online Compiler and IDE >> C/C++, Java, PHP, Python, Perl and 70+ other compilers and interpreters - Ideone.com
    any suggestions?
    CGI script can be created on server side which requires "sandbox".
    Note : any error in scripting can be potentially dangerous.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    The_Big_K
    VPS is a virtual private server - basically a 'virtual computer' created on top of a physical computer by using virtualisation software. That helps more control over the machines and the environment and also allow for quicker provisioning.

Isn't it the JavaScript that handles most of the stuff on client's machine? I'm not aware of how those online compilers work.
    You answered it! Javascript does the stuffs on client machine. If you want to compile a program, then you would need the compiler on the clients machine. Hence, this work has to be done server side to make it independent.

I've suggested the VPS requirement only because compilation and such low level stuffs will not be allowed by any shared hosting. You'll need to a server of your own with root access. Once you've proper access to the server, you can do the things with simple PHP scripts or as told by Troll_so_hard, by using CGI scripts.

Oh and by VPS I mean, any server with high level privileges. Doesn't necessarily have to be an VPS. You can have a dedi if you want, but yeah, VPS is more than enough for this task.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guysss !!!!this is jishnu nair..i m goin to take a step in this evergreen and fascinating world of mechanical engineerin...i wuld lyk to know what are the important topics...
heyy all!! m a crazy engineer full of energy and enthusiasm.
scr can turn 'on' by applying dc...can it also turn on by applying ac source???
Fiat 500L mini-MPV has come up with a new idea of in-built coffee machine. The coffee maker is placed above a heating element between the front seats. Water within the...
Hello engineers. i was wondering if anyone coud help me out with the application of Coanda effect in designing of hovercrafts. i've read that it is used but how ?