17 Sep 2008

GAudi - Google to index audio on the web!

Via: Official Google Blog: Google Audio Indexing now on Google Labs

Nearly two months ago, we introduced the Google Elections Video Search gadget on iGoogle, a tool that transcribes and indexes the spoken content on YouTube's Politicians channels. It didn't take long for folks to find some creative ways to use it! Now it's possible to enjoy this technology in a bigger way: We just launched Google Audio Indexing (aka GAudi) in Google Labs. The dedicated site offers more features, such as "search within video" and "sharing," and a more robust user interface.

As with all things in Labs, we will continue to experiment with new features. So whether you care about flip-flopping, the glass ceiling, change or taxes, we'll keep working to provide the most relevant results for you.
What say, CEans? [​IMG]
Ashraf HZ

Ashraf HZ

Communications
10 years ago
Whoa.. videos are transcribed? Is it automated? 😛
MaRo

MaRo

Branch Unspecified
10 years ago
For 6 months We've started implementing this idea

This is my graduation project this year we've the Idea along time ago, it was brand new idea in the industry, now I'll be cloning google.

So sad😔
10 years ago
😔

We should turn CE into a company as soon as possible so that we actually get these things done, before anyone else in the world does it. Ha!
Ashraf HZ

Ashraf HZ

Communications
10 years ago
Biggie, why don't you register CE as a company in India? 😉
10 years ago
(spam) Shall we take it *offline*, Ash? 😉 (/spam)
MaRo

MaRo

Branch Unspecified
10 years ago
Secrecy is very important & I don't trust Internet as safe communication media anymore, You come Egypt guys or we go to India, but over Internet we can't they all watching us we always go to google to ask for new piece of information, they can know what we are doing,,I'm SO PISSED 😡

There are a lot more ideas, but we have to be in one country. one room.
10 years ago
Yep, essentially under one roof [read: company]. We'll do it, we've no option!

Oh yes, Google knows everything that's on the computer. Don't forget that.

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.