GATE v/s CAT

Hi!

I am Atin Mehra pursuing electrical nd electronics engg from delhi.I want to pursue my career in core electrical field only.I have discussed it with some people from Industry also but they tell me to rather study for the CAT bcoz I am more interested in industry only rather than teaching line.So,Please tell me based on above facts what should I prepare for? nd also tell me what other options are open for me(like IES etc.)?

Looking forward for reply.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, Atin. Good to have you with us on CE.

First of all; I'm assuming that you're very clear about what these exams are for. GATE is for admission to post graduate technical studies and CAT is for post graduate management studies. You've already made it clear that you want to pursue your career in core engineering (electrical) field. If you opt for CAT; I'm afraid finding a job that blends technical & management functions together is going to be very difficult. Plus you will end up spending almost 2 years in studying non-technical things.

I'd recommend taking GATE to you. You need not enter teaching line once you've obtained M.Tech. There are plenty of companies that recruit hard core electrical engineers to work on challenging technical problems. Go for GATE!

Does this answer your question?
  • atin_mehra9
    atin_mehra9
    Thanks administrator.I will adhere to your advice.But please tell me the other options except GATE for carrier in electrical engineering.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends, Do you know the latest news ! Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) have discovered the fifth oil basin at ahemadabad in Gujarat. they found that the oil basin is...
hi guys can any one guide me in doing mine projects or seminar in chemical . I require the most innovative & echofriendly project. I am in need of help...
An interesting study by MIT reveals very interesting facts. Look at our latest post on VoiCE: What motivates employees? - CrazyEngineers Note: Must watch for everyone!
Via Skype Press: Skype Appoints Neal Goldman as Chief Legal and Regulatory Officer and Doug Bewsher as Chief Marketing Officer - About Skype LUXEMBOURG, 17 May 2010 — Skype today...
All WP fans out there, RC1 of the most awaited WordPress 3 is out and you can grab it here: Key updates in this release are - Custom menus are...