GATE Aptitude questions

Discuss your answers here!

1.The closest meaning of the word EXHORT is

a) Urge b) restrain c) condemn d) scold

2. PREAMBLE: CONSTITUTION

a) Amendment: Law b) Prologue: Play

c) Episode: Serial d) plot: story

3. Fill in the blanks

The committee wrote a ...............report extolling only the strength of the proposal

a) reasonable b) supportive c) biased d) fragmented

4. If the country has to achieve real prosperity, it is ............. that the fruits of progress reach all in equal measures.

a) Inevitable b) Contingent c) Oblivious d) Imperative

5. A person invest Rs. 1000 at 10% CI compounded annually for 2 years .At the end of 2 years the whole amount is invested at an annual SI of 12 % pa for 5 years. The total value of investment finally is

a) 1776 b) 1760 c) 1920 d) 1936

6. "The ban on smoking in designated public places can save a large number of well known effects of environmental tobacco smoke, and the passive smokers are the worst affected from it". Which of the following sentences sums up the meaning of the above passage.

a) Effects of tobacco are well known
b) The ban of smoking in public places protects the non smokers
c) Passive smoking is bad for your health.
d) The ban of smoking in public places excludes passive smokers.

7. Consider the set of integers (1,2,3..............,5000) the number of integers that is divisible by neither 3 nor 4 is :

a) 1668 b) 2084 c) 2500 d) 2916

8. Given the sequence A, BB, CCC, DDDD...........and so on , the 240th letter in the sequence will be:

a) V b) U c) T d) W

9. A positive integer m in base 10 when represented in base 2 has the representation p and the base 3 has the representation q , We get p-q= 990, where the subtraction is done in base 10 , Which of the following is necessarily true:

a)m>=14
b) 9
c)6
d) m<6

10. Given the following functions

f1(n)=n^100,f2(n)=1.2^n,f3(n)=2^n/2, f4(n) = 3^n/3

Which function will have the largest value for sufficiently large value of n as (n->Infinity)

Replies

• shubhankar
    shubhankar
    2. d
    4. d
    6. b couldnt solve more orally.😛
  • Reya
    Reya
    Your second answer is wrong!Rest two are correct 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    1. a
    6. d
    7. c
  • Reya
    Reya
    Answer for sixth question is wrong!Rest two are correct!Keep trying 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have uploaded the GATE Question paper for Electrical Engineering too! EC-GATE-2011_1_.pdf - 0.32MB CS-GATE-2011_1_.pdf - 0.28MB EE-GATE-2011_1_.pdf - 0.27MB
NGO is an organization independent from the government who work for the people in rural areas.They are responsible for sudden and decisive increase in self employment. Do you think that...
Some of the colleges have hidden cameras in colleges to monitor whether students listen to the lectures in class with full attention and to know whether they are regularly attending...
int i = 1; i = i + 1.2; would result in compile time error. I understand that i + 1.2 would result in a float which can't be assigned...
Computers has become a part of our life.There is no world without computers.We depend on computers for everything.Computers are almost used in all the fields.We cannot ignore the importance of...