GATE 2020 - What is your review of the test?
I want to ask people as how was this year's Gate? Was It difficult, moderate or easy[ I don't think as option but still for rank holders it might be..]. Was the questions out of syllabus or were different then previous years. Any subject part was very difficult and it wasn't expected?
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi conducted GATE 2020 Computer Science and Information Technology (CSE) on February 8, 2020. Read exam analysis here.
- The difficulty level of the exam was moderate to tough.
- For most of the students who appeared in the GATE 2020 CSE paper, the exam was easy. Though there were difficult questions in the exam if someone has prepared well for the exam, he/she can attempt the GATE 2020 CSE paper easily.
- It can be said that for most of the students, the overall question paper was easy to moderate. There was a total 25 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- A good number of questions came from Operating Systems, Theory of Computation & Programming, and Data Structure.
- In the question paper, Mathematics and General Aptitude sections were easy.
GATE 2020 CSE Question Paper: Topic-wise distribution of questions
Theory of Computation
Easy to Moderate
I found aptitude questions were easy and questions from our subjects were easy to moderate. Many questions were from theory of computation, operating system, algorithms and design, computer organization, discrete mathematics, data structures and database related questions. Numerical type questions were little difficult when compared to multiple choice questions. It had both one and two marks questions.
There are two sections, in first section there are 15 aptitude questions 5 were 1 marks questions and 10 were of 2 marks.
In second section we had 55 questions, which has one mark, two mark and numerical type questions. For every wrong answer their will be negative marking except for numerical type questions. For one mark questions 1/3 marks, for two marks questions 2/3 marks were deducted for each wrong answer. It was easy to moderate.