GATE 2017 Preparation Tips

Hi, I'm new here and i have got few questions i want to ask.
first of all, i'm from IP university and my exams are not going very well(not at all well). thats why i have come here thinking some people can guide me to the right way. So, I joined college in 2012 and now im in 2nd year because i have a year back. I'm in depression since, so i decided i want to give GATE 2017. how would you recommend me i start. i'm an average student but now i have made a strong mind that i want to get in IITs and for that i need some guidelines on how to start and what should be my schedule and some very good website for mock tests.
Please help me CEs

Replies

• Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-#, Welcome to CE.
    Don't think about mock tests right now. Go through GATE syllabus and do all topics thoroughly that are parallel to your university syllabus. Do refer to standard books and this should provide you in-depth subject knowledge for GATE-17. Watching NPTEL videos would help too.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    devans88
    first of all, i'm from IP university and my exams are not going very well(not at all well). thats why i have come here thinking some people can guide me to the right way. So, I joined college in 2012 and now im in 2nd year because i have a year back. I'm in depression since, so i decided i want to give GATE 2017. how would you recommend me i start. i'm an average student but now i have made a strong mind that i want to get in IITs and for that i need some guidelines on how to start and what should be my schedule and some very good website for mock tests.
    Please help me CEs
    No need to worry, you can start by building up strong fundamentals, keep on learning thoroughly the concepts, remember, preparation is a continuous thing. By the time you complete third year, you should be having in depth knowledge of concepts.Also, stick with university syllabus till third year, after that u can start giving mock tests and then
    finally appear for GATE. Good luck !!
  • devans88
    devans88
    Thanks guys for the answers and I'm certainly started working hard now. Will visit often here, looks like an awesome place to clear my doubts....
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Anyone else here preparing for GATE 2017? Please share your doubts and queries here.
    It will be cool to start a study group here to discuss difficulties in solving the question papers.
  • Jo AR
    Jo AR
    Hi guys. I am also preparing for Gate 2017 . Pls suggest me how to group the topics for study plan. I am EEE student. And is IISc better than IITs. Some confused me saying So in the recent past saying that IITs are losing their values for M Tech. And B Tech s d main product whereas M Tech are just side products in IITs. Is that true? 😨
  • Jo AR
    Jo AR
    Ankita Katdare
    Anyone else here preparing for GATE 2017? Please share your doubts and queries here.
    It will be cool to start a study group here to discuss difficulties in solving the question papers.
    Hi guys. I am also preparing for Gate 2017 . Pls suggest me how to group the topics for study plan. I am EEE student. And is IISc better than IITs. Some confused me saying So in the recent past saying that IITs are losing their values for M Tech. And B Tech s d main product whereas M Tech are just side products in IITs. Is that true? 😨
  • jyo@
    jyo@
    Hi i just completed my 2nd year civil engg. i want to get start wit gate studies now to get a good ranking which leads me into Mtech IIT ...one question is Mtech IIT is better or MS studies ..my main intention of higher studies is to earn more money so which i can opt as my higher study
    thank you if u can help me with this.
  • akshata123
    akshata123
    I would prefer you join a Gate coaching institute. Coaching centres will give you guidance regarding every aspect. You can join them in the third year, till then try to be adept with whatever you are studying. Coaching centres will definitely be very helpful to you.
  • ANAND KRISHNAN V K
    ANAND KRISHNAN V K
    hi guys i am also planning to do my mtech in either iit or nit. please share some gate tips. i am currently in 3rd year
  • jishnukalerikkal
    jishnukalerikkal
    hi thr
    im jishnu mech graduate .. i have tried gate for two times .. for the first time i was done with out preparation and i failed to get cutoff though i was concentrated on the regular subjects in my college. though i have secured 43 rd rank in university i planned to prepare for gate from ace hyderabadh .. but so sad for me it was also a failure since i studied full local author books in college days now im suffering a lot ... now im planning to write gate 2017
  • jishnukalerikkal
    jishnukalerikkal
    friends i used to watch videos related to gate preparation regularly...but still lack of regular preparation leads me to failure .. please help e how to stick towards this exam in a proper way.
  • jishnukalerikkal
    jishnukalerikkal
    Ankita Katdare
    hi ..

i just want to know the whether standard author is necessary to prepare or arhint gate prepaRATION BOOK IS enough ???
  • neha499
    neha499
    Hey!! Is there any electrical study group for GATE 2017??
  • mano monica
    mano monica
    I want a help to prepare gate 2017.how can i start? I'm very strong in maths...but i'm weak in technically ...
  • juhiKhan
    juhiKhan
    Hi Guys,
    I have completed my Btech in 2012. Have an Experince of 2Yrs, and now i wish to prepare for GATE-2017.
    Please Let me know if its possible to apply for a good job after Passing GATE TEST.
  • pallav anand
    pallav anand
    jbnjb
  • pallav anand
    pallav anand
    sorry 4 my previous msg guys.....btw m in eee 6th sem.....how should i start preparing for gate 2017...m thnkng of buying R.S Agarwal quantitative aptitude and start solving frm now as apti and maths contains 28 marks in any discipline....so will that be useful?? apart frm dat m studying d branch papers in collg so m not giving much attention to those subjects.....is my strategy good?? if not den plz gv some useful and shortcut tips 😀
  • pallav anand
    pallav anand
    and btw anyone intrstd for watsapp grp for gate-2017....where we can share each others study materials as well as we can clear our doubts n all........anyone????????
  • shashank_vaidya
    shashank_vaidya
    Any working guys here? who are thinking to take up GATE 2017?
  • saiprasad354
    saiprasad354
    Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Anyone else here preparing for GATE 2017? Please share your dou
    It will be co iam also preparing for gate 2017 in mechanicak stream
  • saiprasad354
    saiprasad354
    Hel
    pallav anand
    and btw anyone intrstd for watsapp grp for gate-2017....where we can share each others study materials as well as we can clear our doubts n all........anyone????????
    hello iam preparing for gate 2017 plz any infornation regarding gate it will be always open doors for u frndzz
  • pallav anand
    pallav anand
    neha499
    lets start a group neha...wat say????
  • lalitha.u
    lalitha.u
    Hi,i am now doing my 3rd year in cse department and i want to start my preparations for gate 2017.
    My question is that what are the books that are required and how to prepare ?
    i am an average student with less subject knowledge. will i, able to get seat in iit
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# You can start with a complete understanding of your current subjects that also occur in the GATE Syllabus for Computer Science. After that collect a copy of past year question papers. Go through them one by one and mark the questions that you can not solve. Also note down the topic that each such question is related to. Go back to the books and understand the concept. Re-solve the paper, this time with a timer.
    Since you are in 3rd year, you easily have 1 whole year at your disposal before you take your exam. Use it well.
  • Harishankar T
    Harishankar T
    I'm also preparing for GATE 2017.Please reply if there is anyone eho is intrested in starting a study group.I'm of mechanical engg Discipline.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Shall we make a collection of the GATE 2017 syllabus and important books here?
  • Debasmita Banerjee
    Debasmita Banerjee
    Ankita Katdare
    I am also preparing for GATE 2017 and a regular student of 2 year classroom program in gateacademy. I think it will be awesome for all the students to have a hand-picked book list for all the subjects in every discipline and will be convenient if this thread or a new thread is pinned with these resources. I can suggest books for my discipline(Electronics and Instrumentation) that I received from my teachers. Also up for a whatsapp group.
    Talking about groups, I don't know whether CE supports facilities of group or not. But anyway this thread will help all of us.
  • HARI BABU
    HARI BABU
    devans88
    Please help me CEs
    Same
  • Haridev
    Haridev
    Hey guys.

Nice forum here. I'm preparing for GATE 2017, ME stream. If anyone is interested in group study, please ping me. I have also started a thread for ME stream.

On a side note, is anyone planning to join ACE Academy in Hyderabad for GATE coaching? I am planning to join there, so I'm also looking for potential flat-mates for serious preparation. I think group study would really help in gauging ourselves.
  • Haridev
    Haridev
    Harishankar T
    I'm also preparing for GATE 2017.Please reply if there is anyone eho is intrested in starting a study group.I'm of mechanical engg Discipline.
    Hello,

I am interested in a study group as well. Let's take the initiative, what say?

By the way, have you started preparing the syllabus? How much have you covered till now? I have just started vector mechanics.

Hey, incidentally both our names are Hari, did you notice that? 😉
  • Haridev
    Haridev
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#, is it possible to create separate study groups for different exams, which are further segregated by the stream of the student? This would make the site more organized and easier for students to gather ideas from other students preparing for the same exam.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# That's a great suggestion. We are noting it down. You'll hear about it as soon as such a feature goes live.
  • R krishna murthy chunduri
    R krishna murthy chunduri
    saiprasad354
    Hel

hello iam preparing for gate 2017 plz any infornation regarding gate it will be always open doors for u frndzz
    hello lets make it.
    lalitha.u
    Hi,i am now doing my 3rd year in cse department and i want to start my preparations for gate 2017.
    My question is that what are the books that are required and how to prepare ?
    i am an average student with less subject knowledge. will i, able to get seat in iit
    Goodevening dont worry about less knowledge ,remember one thing" HARDWORK NEVER FAILS".So, please follow some online test series likegateforum.com,
    testbook.com and #-Link-Snipped-# are providing mock tests,online coaching ,previous papers etc etc .So,follow some plans as you have one year for appearing GATE_17 examination.ALL THE BEST
  • Bhavatharani Sundar
    Bhavatharani Sundar
    Hi. I am also preparing for GATE 2017 and just joined in one year class program in IES GATE Academy a day before. And its a nice idea of making collection of important books. I would like to join with you people for my preparation. My stream is Instrumentation. Help me in proceeding with my preparation.
  • raj gangula
    raj gangula
    i think so there is no group shall we create group for 2017 gate electrical
  • raj gangula
    raj gangula
    Hey why u r depressed u have so much time just learn the basics as crystal clear& develop ur concepts parallel to ur academics thats enough to crack ur dream
  • kruthihl
    kruthihl
    hi,
    i completed my BE in ece 2012, can i apply for gate 2017,,, please help me
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Sure you can. Go ahead and apply.
    kruthihl
    hi,
    i completed my BE in ece 2012, can i apply for gate 2017,,, please help me
  • Sanket kurude
    Sanket kurude
    Well, I am from CS stream and started preparing for gate a week ago. Is there anyone from the same stream?
    Sanket kurude
    Well, I am from CS stream and started preparing for gate a week ago. Is there anyone from the same stream?
    Hi,yes iam from same stream written gate today.
  • Sanket kurude
    Sanket kurude
    RADHAKRISHNAMURTHY
    Hi,yes iam from same stream written gate today.
    Nice then, can I ask you about your method for the preparation #-Link-Snipped-#
    Sanket kurude
    Nice then, can I ask you about your method for the preparation #-Link-Snipped-#
    yes of course you can.
  • Nimayranjan
    Nimayranjan
    neha499
    I also want to prepare for gate 2017 but don't know where to start?
    Nimayranjan
    I also want to prepare for gate 2017 but don't know where to start?
    first of all start from the basics and make a plan about the syllabus and analyse everyday what have you prepared and also get some coaching if available as some more time is there for gate-2017.
  • karanmech85
    karanmech85
    I Am starting to prepare for gate 2017 mechanical. If any one has study materials please provide me
    My email : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • karanmech85
    karanmech85
    Please provide gate study materials for gate 2017 mechanical
    karanmech85
    I Am starting to prepare for gate 2017 mechanical. If any one has study materials please provide me
    sure definitely my mail id is #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Nimayranjan
    Nimayranjan
    I need latest syllabus of gate 2017
  • Venkat Sai ram
    Venkat Sai ram
    I am studying CIVIL ENGINEERING 1styear in VNRVJIET in hyderabad.however i am unable to crack jeemains where i had low intermarks i.e.955. Still i and my parents are enthutiastic towards ITT'S . so i had another chance to get into there. So give me some proper suggestions so that o could crack GATE-19 and fulfil my dreams..
  • kiran@mech
    kiran@mech
    karanmech85
    Please provide gate study materials for gate 2017 mechanical
    heh karan jst follow kulkarni sir notes that will be available in market for thermal subjects and swadesh singh sir notes for production . I think this will be more than enough for getting the required stuff for gate.
  • Haridev
    Haridev
    karanmech85
    Hi karan I'm also preparing for gate 2017.
  • singh prav
    singh prav
    devans88
    Please help me CEs
  • singh prav
    singh prav
    Hi devans,
    Its nice that you have decided right now. As other friends told you have to first clear the basics, for this u can use online courses like nptel courses,coursera, edx and more simplest "You tube". Dont forget to make ur own short notes (concepts that u think that u should remember) and after 3 months from now join online test series... all the best!
  • Chaitanya Vyas
    Chaitanya Vyas
    Yes, I am from the IT stream.. Feel free to get in touch regarding any WhatsApp group or other joint study ideas. I'm a GATE aspirant too.
    Email: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Sanket kurude
  • Chaitanya Vyas
    Chaitanya Vyas
    I'm looking for students who'd like to join in a group study venture with me on WhatsApp.

Kindly get in touch via email
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • varunankam19
    varunankam19
    hello i m ece student.
    can i know which are the best books for solving analog circuits objectives where i can cover all the models..!!!!
  • roshnimohan
    roshnimohan
    hii can any one tell me how to prepare for gate 2017 for ECE .i have some years lag as i was passed out in 2013.
    can any one also tell me is there any good coaching center for gate in trivandrum kerala
  • Abhishek Mithapara
    Abhishek Mithapara
    Can any one created any groupe on gate17? . I want to join. ..
  • avi@786
    avi@786
    as far as gate prepration is concern....we have to focus much on fundamentals & practice as much as u can...u can take coaching guidence also
  • Dhana lakshmi
    Dhana lakshmi
    Sanket kurude
    i m same stream.what kind of book wil help me
  • dhruv chauhan
    dhruv chauhan
    i am civil brqch student, & I ALSO START PREPARATION OF GATE 2 DAYS AGO .PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTION WHICH TRICS IS BEST FOR CRACK THE GATE EXAM .END ALSO SUGGEST ME WHICH SUBJECT PREPARE FIRST . & ANY OTHER WHTS APP GROUP PLEASE SUGGEST ME

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sharp has introduced a new night vision CCTV camera that can record colors even in total darkness! You no longer have to rely on the scary green videos captured by...
Hi, i have completed my B.E in mechanical stream in a reputed collage, right now working in a good globalized company from past few months in logistics department. I intend...
Overview Toyota, the leading Japanese carmaker, offers cars with excellent performance and great handling all over the world. Toyota has a strong presence in the car market of India, thanks...
The latest smartphone from the Chinese manufacturer Gionee has been launched in India with the name 'Gionee Marathon M3', an elder brother to the previous Marathon M2. The biggest USP...
The latest entrant in Panasonic India's P series of smartphones is Panasonic P55, a 5.5 inch screen phablet that runs on Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. We've earlier covered the...