GATE 2012 & 2013 Eligibility Criteria

The eligibility criteria for GATE 2012 is as follows. I'm not sure whether the criteria will change in 2013 and there seems to be no official information available about it. If anyone knows about the possible criteria changes, please inform all of us through this thread. It'll surely help all the GATE aspirants.

Source: GATE 2012 - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

Eligibility For GATE 2012:
The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:
  • Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
  • Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
  • Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
  • Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
  • Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
  • Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

Replies

• circularsquare
    circularsquare
    The_Big_K
    The eligibility criteria for GATE 2012 is as follows. I'm not sure whether the criteria will change in 2013 and there seems to be no official information available about it. If anyone knows about the possible criteria changes, please inform all of us through this thread. It'll surely help all the GATE aspirants.
    Source: GATE 2012 - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
    Any changes for 2013 will only be visible in September first week of 2012 on the Gate office websites of IITs. This has been the way since past many years. No one can tell about 2013 at this point.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    circularsquare
    Any changes for 2013 will only be visible in September first week of 2012 on the Gate office websites of IITs. This has been the way since past many years. No one can tell about 2013 at this point.
    Yep, and I keep wondering why people write to us (using 'Contact us' form!) enquiring about the GATE eligibility criteria!
  • PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    I think they should allow pre-final year students to enroll in GATE, if not more atleast don't allow them to take part in counseling, atleast they can test themselves in examination and get prepared better in final year.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Fongo and Dell have tied up to offer the 'Dell Voice' service to the Canadians (as of now, hopefully). There's an Android app, an ios app and Windows desktop app...
Kodak announced on Thursday that as part of its efforts to focus on profitable lines of business, it plans to get out of the digital camera, pocket video camera and...
Princess tower at Dubai Marina seems to be quite an amazing structure. The 414 meter tall structure has 107 floors. The construction completed in 2009 and to the best of...
I know we still have lot of people from the Jurassic Age here on CE who still use compact discs. But the days of the old media are numbered. What...
Ankit Fadia's ethical hacking courses are quite famous and a lot of engineering students write to us whether they should join the course or not. Upon asking few questions to...