View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12763 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Feb 9, 2012

GATE 2012 & 2013 Eligibility Criteria

The eligibility criteria for GATE 2012 is as follows. I'm not sure whether the criteria will change in 2013 and there seems to be no official information available about it. If anyone knows about the possible criteria changes, please inform all of us through this thread. It'll surely help all the GATE aspirants.

Source: https://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/eligibility.php

Eligibility For GATE 2012:
The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:
  • Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
  • Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
  • Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
  • Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
  • Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
  • Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
circularsquare
circularsquare • Feb 9, 2012
The_Big_K
The eligibility criteria for GATE 2012 is as follows. I'm not sure whether the criteria will change in 2013 and there seems to be no official information available about it. If anyone knows about the possible criteria changes, please inform all of us through this thread. It'll surely help all the GATE aspirants.
Source: https://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/eligibility.php
Any changes for 2013 will only be visible in September first week of 2012 on the Gate office websites of IITs. This has been the way since past many years. No one can tell about 2013 at this point.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Feb 9, 2012
circularsquare
Any changes for 2013 will only be visible in September first week of 2012 on the Gate office websites of IITs. This has been the way since past many years. No one can tell about 2013 at this point.
Yep, and I keep wondering why people write to us (using 'Contact us' form!) enquiring about the GATE eligibility criteria!
PuneetVerma
PuneetVerma • Feb 11, 2012
I think they should allow pre-final year students to enroll in GATE, if not more atleast don't allow them to take part in counseling, atleast they can test themselves in examination and get prepared better in final year.

Share this content on your social channels -