Gas/Air Compressor Build & Design Question.

I am interested in designing and building a multi-stage reciprocating gas/air compressor (and ultimately mini compression/decompression chamber).

My background is in software engineering, and design. I completed a several(hobby) projects such as a pressurized air delivery system, and some robotics.

I want to use a single phase 3-5hp electric motor. Two/maybe three stage compression, and whatever cooling necessary.

My questions:
1. Where do I start?
2. What are good sources as to learning how to design such compressor
3. Which software should I use to design it?

Thank you!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

just go to cmd and type netuser thats it!!!!!! now the windows will work on ur password!!!!!!
500GB external drive offers three different interfaces If your laptop doesn’t have a 1TB drive, then there’s a good chance that one of these days you’ll need a little extra...
The new shape of music: Music has its own geometry, researchers find The figure shows how geometrical music theory represents four-note chord-types -- the collections of notes form a tetrahedron,...
March the warmest on record over world land surfaces Planet Earth continues to run a fever. Last month was the warmest March on record over land surfaces of the world...
I do not know how many here are like me. My hobby is changing hobbies. I have done each and every thing, almost each and every to be precise. I...