Gas Turbine Engines

hi frnds, i m a student of mechanical engg. 2nd yr and i m really very intrested in speed machines and gas turbine engines are the one which are ment for speed and high speed.i am working on planting a gas turbine engine in a street racing car and i want suggestions from you guys out there on this topic so any one who can help me please send me ur suggestions. i would be greatly thankful to them

Replies

• crook
    crook
    sourabh011
    hi frnds, i m a student of mechanical engg. 2nd yr and i m really very intrested in speed machines and gas turbine engines are the one which are ment for speed and high speed.i am working on planting a gas turbine engine in a street racing car and i want suggestions from you guys out there on this topic so any one who can help me please send me ur suggestions at #-Link-Snipped-#. i would be greatly thankful to them
    I think instead of sending the suggestions to the mentioned email address, we can have a good discussion in this thread itself.
  • sourabh011
    sourabh011
    u r most welcome afterall disscussions can give us more solutions than by giving suggestions
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sourabh011
    hi frnds, i m a student of mechanical engg. 2nd yr and i m really very intrested in speed machines and gas turbine engines are the one which are ment for speed and high speed.i am working on planting a gas turbine engine in a street racing car and i want suggestions from you guys out there on this topic so any one who can help me please send me ur suggestions at #-Link-Snipped-#. i would be greatly thankful to them
    Great going mate, could you list out the problems that you are facing? I guess that should attract more replies to this thread.

Also, if you don't mind, can we have a brief writup on your project. Street racing car sounds cool 😉

-The Big K-
  • sourabh011
    sourabh011
    thanks mr k
    as u may very well known there are some crazy street racers like us who jus love to roar their engines and to burn the tires in nights on streets.these cars use the most advance engg. ever.i m working on a car like that which will have the same look as an ordinary street car but under the hood there will be the devil 'the gas tubine engine' 😁that produces much more power than normal reciprocating engines.but the main problem is that these engines produce powers at such an alarming rate that we cant handle that on sharp turns,these work in straight as in case of aeroplanes.also the air required by these engines are not sufficient as that provided by the grills and the radiators...they need a lot of air to digest.....so what are ur suggestion guys
  • sourabh011
    sourabh011
    hi guys, i hv found a vry intrestng information on gas turbine engine car it is a Chrysler A-831 made in 1963. check that out.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sourabh011
    thanks mr k
    as u may very well known there are some crazy street racers like us who jus love to roar their engines and to burn the tires in nights on streets.these cars use the most advance engg. ever.i m working on a car like that which will have the same look as an ordinary street car but under the hood there will be the devil 'the gas tubine engine' 😁that produces much more power than normal reciprocating engines.but the main problem is that these engines produce powers at such an alarming rate that we cant handle that on sharp turns,these work in straight as in case of aeroplanes.also the air required by these engines are not sufficient as that provided by the grills and the radiators...they need a lot of air to digest.....so what are ur suggestion guys
    Good to hear that, Sourabh. How about posting pictures of your model car? I'm sure it will attract more views & interest from CEans from all over the world. In case you need any help, feel free to contact Mayur (mayur at crazyengineers dot com).

Wish you all the best with the project 😀

-The Big K-
  • vik11
    vik11
    Sourabh,how will you place a gas turbine in such a compact place like a car's hood.Generally gas turbines measure 12ft.Well,your concept is good but tell me just how will it work??
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    yes I am also intrested in it
  • gohm
    gohm
    They have a category of pro-drag racing cars. I believe sanctioned by the NHRA. Also racing boats. Exploring those two will give you some idea of adaption of the technology. the main probems to overcome is that they have emense throttle lag, high heat generation, expensive to build, drink a lot of fuel, do not idle well & consume a lot of fuel at idle plus are not an efficient means for wheeled locomotion. The best option would be to use a small turbine in a hybrid vehicle to either partially power the vehicle or power a generator that would drive the car via electricity.
  • Merrell Ross
    Merrell Ross
    crook
    i think instead of sending the suggestions to the mentioned email address, we can have a good discussion in this thread itself.

totally agree on that
  • gohm
    gohm
    Chrysler managed to get it to fit way back, it can be done!

vik11
    Sourabh,how will you place a gas turbine in such a compact place like a car's hood.Generally gas turbines measure 12ft.Well,your concept is good but tell me just how will it work??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi guys m doin my b.e. in comps(2nd year) from thapar institute patiala hop to hav some fun time with u guys
Dear , Please provide easy to understand & sketch diagrams of the following:- 4-stroke Diesel engine 2-stroke Petrol engine Steam engine NOTE:- Diagram should be simple 2-D Fig.( :!: It...
Well iv been wanting to write this for a long time but never actually got the time ... actually it took me a lot of time to find all these...
Hi all, With parallel port I could have only 8 parallel output (D0-D7). Is there any way so that, from this I could have about more than a hundred parallel...
Hi friends,anybody know the difference between JSF and AJAX. is possible to combine together? by kamal.s