Gas Telescope Lend Need a volunteer team to change astronomy for ever

ZzoR-02B0175D-74A9-43C6-8484-3A6649B4479B.jpegHi, I recently found out there were experiments on a gas lens but the tech then disappeared..

Im building one and the first step is 

# 1 metre length of steel pipe that needs to spin on its horrizontal access

The Experiment spins a pipe that needs to be heated, the gas (experiment used ambient air) spins with the tube creating a well which acts as a lens, the faster or slower the spin determines the well( focus

I recently got a creepy phone call from physicist saying it had military applications but did not work properly , it never got time to be fine tuned it just disappeared..

Long scary pause

I found this after i had gotten information from military of a more advanced version im still trying to work out, its said to have the ability to see dark matter

Please join me on facebook page for talks

Gas Lens

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

The physics is all wonky. The article says that the differential refractive index of the hot gas acts as a lens to focus light. First of all light or any electromagnetic radiation cannot pass through a metal tube. Secondly no focusing is possible if the tube is of uniform diameter. 

I am afraid that this is a scam or the article is not giving the correct information.

It cannot work as specified in the post.

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

Read it a litty closer mate, the gas is spun by the tube and forms a well in the centre that acts as a lens, ??? Light passing through metal??? The tube acts a telescope body and the gas forms a curvature within gas being spun...

Sorry but are you a engineer 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

I have located an article in ‘nature’, which describes a different kind of gas lens. Unfortunately I cannot get the full article. There’s no mention of rotating heated tubes or such.

I shall try to get the article through a library and revert if there appears to be a way forward.

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

Yep i have that one, the original one had a stationary one which was fed gas and exhausted gas

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

I have located an article in ‘nature’, which describes a different kind of gas lens. Unfortunately I cannot get the full article. There’s no mention of rotating heated tubes or such.

I shall try to get the article through a library and revert if there appears to be a way forward.

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Why a tube? Why not a paddle?

If the gas is in a (cylindrical?) container and the spinning heated tube is central to the container, it may act like a  magnetic stirrer in a beaker and create a vortex. Unless there is a gradient of refractive index across the diameter of the container, how is focusing achieved?

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

I apologise. Some further study shows that a heated tube spinning on its axis with a cold gas admitted into it can act like a positive lens with an aperture the diameter of the tube.

A quarter inch dia 5 inch long CO2 lens is described here:

Analysis of a tubular gas lens | Nokia Bell Labs Journals & Magazine | IEEE Xplore

How well this can be adapted to celestial imaging has to be seen.

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

Vortex incomplete, that cup shape produced in centre (from vortex) is the refractor, speed of pipe rotation determines focus 

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

All i need to start the experiment is some plans on a design to be able to rotate the pipe at speed while keeping vibration down 

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

I was thinking direct drive but i want temperatures of pipe to be able to withstand 200 degrees Celsius, so it might be twin chain driven

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

The funny thing is that i found this version after being told of a leak of a much more advanced version with huuuugggge implications but i cant find any open minded people, scammers have destroyed our trust in the world

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

I dont want money i want answers, i do it Of my own back

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

I think its not for celestial imaging exactly as far as I know, Dark matter

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

Something about the 3 quantum forces coming together 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

What if you mount long bar magnets parallel to the axis and drive with a rotating magnetic field? You can perhaps think of air bearings on the ends to avoid vibrations. Since it is essentially just the tube weight this maybe feasible.

Alternatively, you can perhaps adopt a regular motor design with a hollow shaft which houses your tube. The catch is heating the tube. If nichrome tubes are available, it should be possible to get controlled heating using rotary brush contacts at the ends.

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Various types of hollow shaft pan cake motors are available in the market.

hollow shaft pancake motor - Google Search

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

I may be talking through my hat. It depends a lot on the size of the tube

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

Yeah I thought of the motor one but im thinking of using atleast a 100mm tube

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

??? Not sure if im missing something with your magnet idea, mag temps mostly max out at 170 degrees Celsius 

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

Im told i think gravity is not a force and its part of electromagnetic force i think

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Thanks for the SA paper. I had only seen the abstract in my earlier search. I had a cursory look. Whatever CFD I was involved in was for flow of blood through artificial heart valves. I have to pass on the SPGL bit.

What size tube you are considering?

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

An axial gap motor may be useful:

StackPath

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

S8MQ-86740322-7AA8-4DB7-B798-4DA913297316.png

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

CeR5-994BA09D-F3D7-4A99-89AA-EDE93B142BFB.png

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

HrLx-F10260CE-F2EC-41AE-B7E9-AB29151D857B.png

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

In first picture of stationary heated pipe you get some sort of multidimensional hologram, second picture i spin the tube by hand and anomaly starts forming into disc lens shape?????

What is this dimensional shape appearing, is that normal, if I could post video you could see like a floating multi dimensional cloud

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Sorry, but unable to view the pictures.

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

One can look at a version of air powered Pelton wheel drive with the shaft as a 100 mm hollow shaft.

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

umVg-DDD4F8AB-6484-46BA-AA3D-A0A3E0627CE0.pngThanks, i have made progress, can we connect on Facebook 

They are using the mirage effect mechanically

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Fordy McFord
    Fordy McFord

Temperature is in between 35-50 degrees Celsius OM6J-45925871-D806-4D27-A005-1D126E1C9C58.jpeg

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

An interesting article from Machine Design:https://www.machinedesign.com/learning-resources/how-do-engineers-stay-so-smart?Issue=MACD-001_20181005_MACD-001_160&sfvc4enews=42&cl=article_1_b&utm_rid=CPG05000000559845&utm_campaign=20448&utm_medium=email&elq2=574bfd639b4e45a9843583d4979e1f59
fuzzy logic.using matlab to solve problems on the basis of Fuzzy Logic I have asked question about how to get a source code to a fuzzy logicproblems
Hello, Anyone knows any good online motivation or personality development classes? The lectures should -motivate me to develop my personality ,- make me to focus on my aims, dreams or...
I want atleast 2 themes for college cultural festival and it will be of 6 days. And depending on theme I too want events and games.