Galaxy S4 Screen Size Confirmed: 4.99", 440 ppi, 1080p

The next smartphone to wait for is definitely the Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung's finally confirmed that the upcoming Galaxy S4 screen will be massive 4.99" wide (diagonally), will have a pixel density of 440 ppi (which means better view quality) and it will be capable of displaying full HD: 1080p.

I like the bold steps Samsung's taking with their product line. First, when they unveiled the Note, a lot of people mocked at the screen size. But then the Note ended up selling several million units world-wide and Samsung confirmed that there's indeed a 'want' for the phablets - or the large scree mobile phones that could just replace the tablets.

Samsung's been adopting bigger screen sizes for the galaxy series phones and the next one will adopt the 5" form factor. I bet watching full HD videos on the 440p screen is going to be an awesome experience.

iPhone 5's Pixel Density Is 326 ppi

The question everyone wants to ask is how does that compare with that of iPhone 5, which basically sets the benchmarks in the industry. iPhone 5 offered retina display screen with 326 ppi - and Samsung's going to beat it hands down! Of course, we'll have to wait for the iPhone 6, which might give a tough competition to the Galaxy Phone. But so far, Galaxy series has maintained a lead over the Apple's phone in terms of hardware.

I'm sure it'd be an interesting fight to follow. What's your take?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Holy molly 1080p with 440 ppi😲, as xperia z. In few years, phone companies will bring IMAX screen in mobile.
    Can anyone innovate a battery which can lost at least two days.What the hell Chemical and Electrical engineers are doing😎

For iPhone 6,surely it gonna be full HD,4" screen.☕
  • lal
    lal
    Then I would like to ask back, why in the world are they making energy hungry things when we are to conserve it! 👎

Not that I hate a 5 inch 440 ppi display 😁
    People must be thankful to engineers who enclose several watt hours of energy in a few inches! If you draw less power, it will last for days 😨 Energy should be used at the lowest possible rate not the highest.

Go efficient, not hungry for energy! 👍
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Rumors :
    - Like Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Lumia 820 & Google Nexus 4; Samsung SIV will have Wireless charging.
    - 13 MegaPixel of Primary Camera
    - Processor : Quad Core Exynos 5440 [I think this is not rumor]
    - Release date : Between 4th March to last week of April (2013)
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    There is also a rumor Note III going to have Octa-core processor😲
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    So, it's official that Samsung Galaxy S4 is gonna release on March 14 2013 in New York.

Source : #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hii,this is martin sujith.I am persuing my engineering in information technology.I am intrested in knowing about new technologies.I joined crazy engineers becoz to gain knowledge.
My name is Sunil Tyagi, an civil engineering graduate. Presently I am working as Deputy Chief Engineer/Projects with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation. My aim is to excel in the field...
Where I work, companywide we use a free software 'edrawings' from Dassault systems to view compatible drawings from any source. Dassault systems is now offering a $2 app that runs...
We're growing our moderator team and this time, we want you to suggest the names of CEans who you'd like to take up the role of moderator on CE. Note...
Hello CEans.., i am jayadeep pursuing B.E(ECE) and going to add a tag as graduate in 2014.Me and many of my friends are in lot of confusion that what should...