Future opportunities

Dear all,
I am a textile engineer and recently working as a machine designer, R&D in textile machine mfg company since 1 year.What are the future opportunities for me as a machine designer?can I shift to non textile organisations as in textiles there are limited opportunities.What are the futher educational options in front of me while doing job.As salary here I am getting is not sufficient (2.2 per annum).

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Machine design has opportunities in all manufacturing areas including Pharma and Food Processing. The National Institute of design has a few PG diplomas in design.
    www.nid.edu
    I have seen a few NID graduates, who have set up design consultancy services in Bangalore.
  • Lalit77
    Lalit77
    Thanx a lot for ur swift reply.I found product design course suitable for me.But its a full time and I cant leave my job for higher educations due to family responsibilities.Due you know some part time courses nearby Pune.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, Machine Design would definitely fetch you a good amount of job offers. Have you uploaded your profile on popular job portals yet?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    See if any of these offer something suitable:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Lalit77
    Lalit77
    @ big K thank u sir,I've not uploaded my resume yet as I'm having bond of 2 years with organisation.My main doubt is that I completed degree in textile engineering and recently I am having experience in machine design software i.e. unigraphics.Can I apply for non textile organisations who requires designers.
  • Lalit77
    Lalit77
    #-Link-Snipped-# thank u sir,I think PG diploma in business administration suitable for me.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Lalit77
    @ big K thank u sir,I've not uploaded my resume yet as I'm having bond of 2 years with organisation.My main doubt is that I completed degree in textile engineering and recently I am having experience in machine design software i.e. unigraphics.Can I apply for non textile organisations who requires designers.
    If you've signed a bond, I'd strongly recommend it to honor it and complete the promised engagement with your current organization. Your work experience letter is going to give you a lot of weight in your next job application. So if you want to make a shift; give yourself one full year to identify target companies, job openings and prepare for them.

I'm not aware of companies that recruit Unigraphics folks. But I'm sure there will be many in the Industry. You might just as well do a survey of hot skills related to your work and gain some experience. That'd make you a desirable candidate in the Industry one year from now.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CERN's live broadcast which is updating their progress in searching for theHiggs Boson - Watch it here: https://webcast.web.cern.ch/webcast/play_higgs.html
dear all, If we have a concrete column being transfered at some level, is it a good assumption to pin the bottom of the column so it carries just axial...
hie Engineers i'm planning to install a softphone in a picocontroller for my final year project... Is it possible? if possible, which PIC is the best for that? which is...
From the mail: Sixty and Going Strong​ (Translated from the original in Chinese)​ “There are 1000-year old trees in the mountain, but not many 100 year-old people” At the most,...
MY NAME IS PRADEEP KUMAR CHAUBEY,I HAVE COMPLETED B.TECH MECHANICAL ENGINEER.THIS WAS MY DREAM.SO TODAY I HAVE COMPLETED MY DREAMS.I WOULD LIKE TO THANKS GOD ANY MY PARENTS.