Future of Php

hi friend.m a b.tech cs graduate 2013 batch.
this year market is very slow so no bigger cmpny cm to clg.i got recruiterd in a small scale cmpny which works on php and its cms.many of my frnd didnt got any cmpny till today.many went bengaluru bt didnt got any job till now.seeing these condition,i didnt want to leave this job since there is nt any option for me.cmpny s giving gud salary n one year bond bt still m in bigger dilemma that whether to do job or nt.n is there any option to change technology after one or two year experience in php.since i m scjp certified n really want to work wid java cmpny bt didnt get any opportunity till nw.given elitms exam bt it also nt working till now.very less recruitment through elitms too this yr.Pls suggest what to do n is there any good future in PHP and its CMS ??
review asap and respected !!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CrazyEngineers, @#-Link-Snipped-# . You should stop questioning whether PHP will be around 10 years from now or not. People still continue to use C programming for several complex projects. What you should be focusing on is -

1. Can you develop genuine interest in PHP and make yourself proficient in it?
    2. Programming ultimately, is basically 'logic'. The better you are at logic - the better you are at coding using any language. My friend could learn any damn programming language in flat one week.
    3. You won't spend your life working in just one technology. The technology space evolves rapidly and you will have to keep learning new technologies and evolving yourself as a coder.
    4. You should focus on building your programming skills in general without depending on any language. PHP is a very good programming language with a bright future.

Be happy that you've a job when several people are still looking for it. Make sure that you excel at what you are doing and then look for better opportunities elsewhere - once you have 2-3 years of experience.
  • srijan kumar
    srijan kumar
    thnx sir, since m new to the corporate.so hv sm query.m really want to be a part of java developer team.can i apply after one year to those cmpny which require one year experience in java expertise.means mine php experience wil b countable or nt there.n yes sir u r right.knowing multiple languag is d gud thng.espescially php being a simpler one,i wud personally suggest every developer must knw this n mainly drupal n joomla.PHP advances web !
    n thnx a lot for guidance
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    PHP experience won't count for a job that requires JAVA skills. But you may use your programming skills to get certifications in JAVA and then try to convince your recruiters about your interest in JAVA programming language.

Second option could be to wait for an opportunity in your current organization to work on Java. Once you build some experience in JAVA, making a bigger switch (to a bigger company, at a bigger salary) will be relatively easier.
  • srijan kumar
    srijan kumar
    this cmpny doesnt deal wid java 😔
    then wat to do aftr one year if i hav to go othr cmpny for java developer profile
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    srijan kumar
    this cmpny doesnt deal wid java 😔
    then wat to do aftr one year if i hav to go othr cmpny for java developer profile
    As I said, your best bet is to go for JAVA certifications and then convince your next employer about your ability to deliver. Try and contribute to open source applications and build your portfolio of JAVA projects so that you have real world examples to impress your potential recruiters.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While configuring the routers, i came across some of the commands where we use wildcard masks instead of subnet mask, so what is the use of using wildcard mask when...
Samsung knows India is an important market for their galaxy series of smartphones, tablets and phablets. According to a latest leak from Sammobile, the Samsung Galaxy Note III will be...
I would like to know that, from which version of kernel, zRAM was included. (Now it is merged, but I would like to know the last latest version before zRAM...
Online content publishers around the globe, if Google Adsense is where you score your maximum website revenue from, this is one post that demands your attention. And yes, advertisers need...
I just observed that today we had a lot of traffic here. Its the most I am seeing after nearly 2 weeks. Good going. I think it is the impact...