Future of automotive body

Yesterday when i was in class on "vehicle body engineering" my sir explained on the advantage of having engine at front .The question i have is that we had discussed a lot about future use of graphene and carbyne in automobile sector and what is the possibility of using graphene/carbyne in body building.Is it better than carbon fibre frames?

Info for sharing with CEans:
My sir had also stated that car having engine at front has less distance for front structure to crumple than rear placed engine.So it is better to use engine at front.A car having engine at front has better collision withstanding tendency.

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Main reason you can also justify for better collision is that all the weight is at the front. So the momentum of impact is balanced. But if the engine is not in the front, do you think it will boost the performance? If yes, then we can think of some other ways of safety applications
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Today I had watched Tata nano's megafactories which inspired me and answered a lot of questions of mine.Tata nano has engine at rear and they state that It gives us more crumple zonal area.So its quite confusing though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have 2 HDs : 1) 320 GB 2) 500 GB 320 GB HD includes OS, I have alloted 220 GB for /home, rest is alloted to / , /boot...
In NAS ( network attached storage), we use CIFS and NFS as the file systems. Why don't we use the common file systems like FAT and NTFS in windows and...
CEans, If anyone of you is facing issues with login / logout not working; or you keep getting logged out abruptly, then please clear all your browser cookies and try...
Google Korea announced Monday about the launch of its second generation Nexus 7 tablet in the South Korean market. The latest Nexus device is up for pre-order on various online...
This is serious, folks! Samsung Galaxy Note III may have 4K video capture facility! According to SamMobile and HankYung (Korean); which have been accurate with their leaks in the past,...