Future CE Meets - Ideas & Discussions

CEans,

We had a very successful CE Meet on 21 [sup]st[/sup] June, 2008. Considering the fact that it was our first CE Meet, 6 attendees was a good number. Of course, our future CE Meets will be better and we'll have more number of CEans attending it.

So here's a thread to discuss everything about our future CE Meets. Volunteers jump in! You'll be shaping our future meets!

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yep, it was indeed a good number! And it turned out very productive too, I believe.

CE Meets would primarily be in India, since a majority of CEans are located there (including our leader Big K ๐Ÿ˜‰ ). For the rest of us in other countries, we could compromise with "online" meets!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Yep, it was indeed a good number! And it turned out very productive too, I believe.

CE Meets would primarily be in India, since a majority of CEans are located there (including our leader Big K ๐Ÿ˜‰ ). For the rest of us in other countries, we could compromise with "online" meets!
    Oh, that's not what we want, Ash. CE Meets should happen all over the world. Let's start by having City Meets in each city - not all of us will be able to attend. But engineers from any city can gather together and discuss stuff, take up initiative - with support from the rest of us.

We plan to have city meets, followed by national meets and then CE World meet! [โ€‹IMG]
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    Oh, that's not what we want, Ash. CE Meets should happen all over the world. Let's start by having City Meets in each city - not all of us will be able to attend. But engineers from any city can gather together and discuss stuff, take up initiative - with support from the rest of us.

We plan to have city meets, followed by national meets and then CE World meet! [โ€‹IMG]
    Ah yes, my bad ๐Ÿ˜› I suppose the CE Meets should discuss about how to promote CE and getting sponsorship in the local area etc yea? I was thinking in the short term, the meets should be focused in India (since we want to encourage more participation for the existing CEans here). When more members from other countries join, then we can start the local meets in those countries.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Ah yes, my bad ๐Ÿ˜› I suppose the CE Meets should discuss about how to promote CE and getting sponsorship in the local area etc yea? I was thinking in the short term, the meets should be focused in India (since we want to encourage more participation for the existing CEans here). When more members from other countries join, then we can start the local meets in those countries.
    Yep yep. I understand your point. Let's look at CE meets as a way to collaborate - on everything. Just for the sake of example, if we get more active CEans from Malaysia or Dubai - we can make a really good progress on CE Bot ! Maybe 4-5 of your friends from your university can get together on weekends to work on CE Bot!

Let's not be geography specific. Let's have CE Meets in different parts of the world. For that to happen, we'll need leaders - who can really get the things done! ๐Ÿ˜€

Things will happen - rather are happening. This is just a beginning, afterall!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, He joined us in July '07, and put CE on the fast track. You'll find him everywhere on CE - helping new members, answering technical queries, developing CE Bot,...
i am new to this community ......welcome all ...i am a fresher mechanical engineering graduate...could me give idea what to do next...at present i am going to autocad class๐Ÿ˜
I tried to upgrade using sudo apt-get upgrade sudo apt-get update but it showed the error E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the...
I'm not sure how digital serial input is read into the PIC. This is how I would guess it's done. You have a pin configured for input. You then have...
hello to all๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜› Me anil jadhav working in satyam computers ltd hyderabad in engineering solutions working for caterpiller usa