Fuel injection for required Torque.

Hello Engineers,

i wants to know the Exact formula to calculate the fuel consumption of the required Torque.any formula is there to calculate?for example if the torque requested is 50Nm then what quantity of fuel will inject in the four stroke Diesel engine?Please help me .Thanks in Advance😀

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    Refer to any automotive handbook by SAE.
  • Wikiuma
    Wikiuma
    😎
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Wikiuma
    😎

Got it ?
  • roon.mech
    roon.mech
    Wiki

this is a rough derivation. someone correct me if iv made a mistake.

1 gallon of diesel contains = 147,000 btus
    1 hp = 42.44 btu/min

to make 1 hp you need to use 0.0002887 gallons of diesel / minute

1 hp = (torque x rpm)/5252

torque = (0.0002887 gallons/min) x (5252/rpm)

torque produced = [gallons/minute] x [1.5162/rpm]

substitute gallons per minute of diesel and crank rpm into the above formula and you have your torque in lb-ft.

in the meantime let me see if i can dig up some formulas from somewhere.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear All, Please tell me the calculations OR software for designing earthing pit if anyone is knowing about that. Thanking You. Regards, Anirudha
Dear All, As the basic working principle of heat pump and vapor absorption machine lies in the conversion of phase change in refrigerant and concentration of Li-Br, can we use...
hii, i am not able to get any sort of idea about my project help me with some titles along with the abstracts.i wish the project must be the most...
I am from an arabic country called sudan, located in africa . i study in sust (sudan university for science and technology), electronics engineering , school of industrial electronics ....
Tell me any creative ideas in the field of computer science....