fuel indicators : what is it with them ?

At present i own the following vehicles:

honda activa 3g
hero splendor i-smart
suzuki swish 150.

well i have noticed, that none of these machines have their fuel indicators working properly.

as for the activa, the indicator needle points to the extreme end, on the day i get it filled up. the very next day, the needle deflects to the very first graduation mark. and on the following days, the needle literally refuses to budge.

as for the suzuki, the needle does not deflect, when fuel, less than half a litre is poured. when around 2 litres are poured, the needle deflects upto the first two marks. the rest of the space on the indicator seems like it will never be covered by the needle.

as for the hero, the indicator just stopped working after 2 months after purchase.

so guys can anyone, how exactly this thing, called the fuel indicator works

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Monitoring liquid level in various containers is an important Chem E activity. Where hazardous fluids are involved, certain precautions are needed.
    This series of videos may be of help in your specific case:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As announced in the press invites sent to all subscribers, Motorola has recently unleashed its trump card, the Moto Z2 Force in the United States. Including a full set of...
If the reports circulating online are to be believed, Facebook may soon unveil its very own smart speaker featuring a 15-inch touchscreen which could help sporting Facebook’s feed of photos...
The media caught a rumor buzzing around that the 100-year-old Sharp corporation, native to Japan, will soon launch Aquos S2, probably on 8th of August, 2017. The company will be...
Those who follow the startup world in India might have read this 'famous' post from Swiggy employees from marketing and sales department: https://swiggysales.tumblr.com/post/163409582196/swiggy-a-house-of-cards#notesDo go through it, if you haven't already....
How much Power would a 18V "Power Over Ethernet Injector" consume per day in Electrical Units (i.e. kW-h) , if left on for 24 hours ? The product's .pdf file...