FTP:File Transfer Protocal

please put some information about FTP,its working and how it can be properly used.and the areas where it is being used.
Thanks in advance.😀

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are numerous articles available on the Internet about FTP. In simple terms, its a protocol used for file transfers [thus the name, File Transfer Protocol].

Its typically used for file transfers between the server & the client.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    FTP(File Transfer Protocol)

The protocol for exchanging files over the Internet.
    FTP works in the same way as HTTP for transferring Web pages from a server to a user's browser
    SMTP for transferring electronic mail across the Internet in that, like these technologies
    FTP uses the Internet's TCP/IP protocols to enable data transfer.

FTP is most commonly used to download a file from a server using the Internet or to upload a file to a server.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    FTP is mainly required to transfer files from one location to another
    it is service provided by windows
    You can easily use this service
    by typing
    cmd in run
    then ftp
    for further commands follow net
    and i Think this mainly provided to avoid restrictions on mail service provided by websites
    ie they have some limitation on file size
    but ftp has not
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    goyal420
    FTP is mainly required to transfer files from one location to another
    it is service provided by windows
    You can easily use this service
    by typing
    cmd in run
    then ftp
    for further commands follow net
    and i Think this mainly provided to avoid restrictions on mail service provided by websites
    ie they have some limitation on file size
    but ftp has not
    i am using the fireftp inbulit addon in firefox and when i used to open it the site it open some sites and some not.some sites open automatically but some require passwords. as i know user id is anonymous ,and password is your email address .so is their specific reason to use email address as password.and how its good and secure to use ftp sites.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    cooldudeiet
    i am using the fireftp inbulit addon in firefox and when i used to open it the site it open some sites and some not.some sites open automatically but some require passwords. as i know user id is anonymous ,and password is your email address .so is their specific reason to use email address as password.and how its good and secure to use ftp sites.
    There are two types of login in ftp servers
    1. Anonymous -- Here username = anonymous & password = your email address. Your email address is taken by the server just for their record maintenance.

2. Non-anonymous -- Username & password are explicitly give to some specific persons by the server administrator.

Ftp transmissions are encrypted, thus its secure.
    More security can be implemented by disabling anonymous login or denying file upload from anonymous user. Also you can restrict the traffic from some specific ips.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

General Dynamics UK and Bubblephone demonstrate transformational networking technology on Bowman C-THRU maintains solid connections in conditions where communication impossible, offering potential to save lives and cut costs. LONDON, United...
hello... I am little bit curious to know about the mechanism in which a manual bot can collect balls placed at different positions inside a water tank.... please can anyone...
India Vs Australia The fight begins Will India be able to gain the number one spot?
Tell everyone about the songs you like and any track / music you would like to recommend to all You listened to a song and liked it then spill it...
Dear CEians, I had a small project going onto my final semester subject. Its a about a Circular Plate attached to the shaft spinning at 1280rpm 1Hp Motor. After that,...