front wheel drive or rear wheel drive

hi all,
can someone suggest whether to use a front wheel drive or a rear wheel drive for a remote control ic engine racing buggy. Four wheel transmission in not possible. Its has to run on off road track which obstacles. ic engine is of 3.2 cc.

Replies

• ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    i prefer front wheel drive!
  • gohm
    gohm
    All things being equal, front wheel drive generally works better than rear wheel drive in off road applications. With FWD, you'll need to be careful on thr transmission of power so as not to overdrive the wheels for steering.
  • tanny
    tanny
    In rear will drive will be easy to design than front wheel drive and it will provide you better handling..... But front wheel drive will reduce the weight of vehicle as you dont need the transmission shaft in it
  • huale768
    huale768
    can someone suggest whether to use a front wheel drive or a rear wheel drive for a remote control ic engine racing buggy. Four wheel transmission in not possible. Its has to run on off road track which obstacles. ic engine is of 3.2 cc. In rear will drive will be easy to design than front wheel drive and it will provide you better handling..... But front wheel drive will reduce the weight of vehicle as you dont need the transmission shaft in it .

(no advertising without permission from admin)#-Link-Snipped-#
  • r.chitkaria
    r.chitkaria
    but what if engine is mounted on the rear part without transmission shaft. its already complicated with self designed steering system in the front. will it work for off road. and i want to ask one thing more- what can be the approximate torque of the 3.2 cc (rpm- 2800 to 15000) glow plug engine. i could not search about it properly on net.
  • ramaseenu
    ramaseenu
    Try the drive mechanism as in tata- nano car which occupies less space in vehicle.keep ic engine in middle of vehicle as in nano

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEan AKD just unearthed this rare gem and sent me the link. Our talented Mod, Patty [ aka raj87verma88 ] composed this long ago here: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...mpose-ce-song-suggest-lyrics-4.html#post33862 Like a hot summer...
i m a student of final year.. cn anyone suggest me any ideas for project.. reply soon...
New machine will enable high volume filling and coupling of Liquavista's electrowetting displays 6th October 2010 – Liquavista BV has released a new machine that enables high volume filling and...
Technology Robotix Society invites all robot enthusiasts to ROBOTIX 2011. Robotix is Asia's largest college level robotics fest held in IIT Kharagpur during its techno-management fest Kshitij from 28th-31st Jan...
Fujikura Europe Ltd. (Fujikura Europe Ltd | Home), the world leader in fusion splicing technology, today announced that it has launched two new high precision cleave tools: the CT-10 and...