View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12889 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
r.chitkaria
r.chitkaria • Oct 6, 2010

front wheel drive or rear wheel drive

hi all,
can someone suggest whether to use a front wheel drive or a rear wheel drive for a remote control ic engine racing buggy. Four wheel transmission in not possible. Its has to run on off road track which obstacles. ic engine is of 3.2 cc.
ShrinkDWorld
ShrinkDWorld • Oct 9, 2010
i prefer front wheel drive!
gohm
gohm • Oct 14, 2010
All things being equal, front wheel drive generally works better than rear wheel drive in off road applications. With FWD, you'll need to be careful on thr transmission of power so as not to overdrive the wheels for steering.
In rear will drive will be easy to design than front wheel drive and it will provide you better handling..... But front wheel drive will reduce the weight of vehicle as you dont need the transmission shaft in it
huale768
huale768 • Oct 15, 2010
can someone suggest whether to use a front wheel drive or a rear wheel drive for a remote control ic engine racing buggy. Four wheel transmission in not possible. Its has to run on off road track which obstacles. ic engine is of 3.2 cc. In rear will drive will be easy to design than front wheel drive and it will provide you better handling..... But front wheel drive will reduce the weight of vehicle as you dont need the transmission shaft in it .

(no advertising without permission from admin)
r.chitkaria
r.chitkaria • Oct 17, 2010
but what if engine is mounted on the rear part without transmission shaft. its already complicated with self designed steering system in the front. will it work for off road. and i want to ask one thing more- what can be the approximate torque of the 3.2 cc (rpm- 2800 to 15000) glow plug engine. i could not search about it properly on net.
ramaseenu
ramaseenu • Mar 19, 2011
Try the drive mechanism as in tata- nano car which occupies less space in vehicle.keep ic engine in middle of vehicle as in nano

Share this content on your social channels -