Front Bencher Vs. Back Bencher

Alrighty, this one is going to waste lot of bandwidth. :sshhh:

I want to see how many of us are/were Front Benchers and how many are/were Back Benchers.

Definitions:

Front Bencher:
An engineering student who opts for any seat from the first two rows in the classroom any any lecture.

Back Bencher: An engineering student who opts for any seat from the last two rows in the classroom any any lecture.

Post your responses in the following format. I'll set the ball rolling -

1. Category: 90% back bencher. I'd take up the front bench for the strictest lecturer/professor.

2. Strategy: You can be attentive throughout the lecture or doze of during the boring ones πŸ˜›. My observation was that the strictest lecturers/professors were the most boring ones :sleeping: and they'd keep an eye on the back benchers completely neglecting the front benchers. So at any point of time, I'd remain in control.

What about you?

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    100% back bencher unless forced to sit in front i.e. if I attend classes. My net attendance in lectures ranges from 0% to 15%.
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    Category: 100% front bencher now at college😎..Before even i step into the class,all back benches would be filled.. Basically, i m a good listener..So,I will always try and listen to all those lectures..If its going to be maths class, i really enjoy..If its going to be really boring,I would just request them to stop..

Backbenchers at my college would say that frontbenchers are too brilliant and they always study,never use mobiles and thats why they are there..
    Frontbenchers would say that backbenchers enjoy to the core,they are able to complete all their work during class hours,play,comment and so on..

But my point is that sitting at back or front doesnt matter(I too was a backbencher at school.That never made any difference to me)..Only attitude matters..If one really wants to listen,they can do it sitting anywhere..I really want to sit at back and see how it is to be there(because i am tired with so many seminars,questions and so on)but i know that its too late and its all going to be overπŸ˜”πŸ˜”..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Category: Middle bencher πŸ˜›

Strategy: My lecturers either focus on the front or back rows. Being in the middle makes you more anonymous amongst the sea of students, and can doze or doddle off. Unless, there are only a few of us in the class, haha.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am a back bencher from my childhood.

I never know how the front benches will smell and taste.πŸ˜‰.

But the back benches are very nice we can play , talk , sleep and even listen to few lectures if I feel that they are required.
    😁
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I'm an EXPLORER πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

I sit in different benches every day. But you can say that majority of times, I sit in front. You know, I've sat in almost all the benches in my class for atleast one lecture.
    I decide where to sit mostly based on where my friends are sitting. But more often than not, there will be no choice. Because, when we get to the class, it will be full and there'll only be few places available.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hugh!!

first 2 sems front bencher.. then slowly moved back and finally gave up attending lectures!
  • gohm
    gohm
    I always sat right in the middle so I would not easily appear as either to the prof.
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Dynamic bencher in the old days I used to go to college.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Category : All bencher

Strategy: It hardly mattered for me because I used to get caught everywhere while laughing or murmuring in between of lectures πŸ˜”. So mostly front center seat. Also back benches were booked by couples πŸ˜” , so left with other benches. Front seat near classroom door also, we could bunk easily after attendance and as soon as our teacher used to turn to the black-board 😁

Back benches I used to sit when exams are approaching and my friend has to complete all her lab records. 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ Shalini: Back benches were booked by couples? 😁 Looks like there wasn't any difference between a movie hall & lecture hall. πŸ˜›
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    The_Big_K
    @ Shalini: Back benches were booked by couples? 😁 Looks like there wasn't any difference between a movie hall & lecture hall. πŸ˜›
    Yes you are right , if you look from back it was like a movie hall πŸ˜” but if you look from front, it was like a lecture hall.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    So the Back Benches were fixed for "Ze Lovers"
    I guess the professors played cupidπŸ˜›
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Do they teach engineering or LoveπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
  • smita89
    smita89
    front bencher in the first sem
    second bencher in 2nd sem
    and these days (when I do attend classes) its somewhere around 2nd last bench
    REasons:

1. the seats up front are always taken since i'm always a few mins late to class, since I can never get up early in the morning (I'm practicing to be nocturnal.. seriously..)
    2. Sitting in the last bench is dangerous too, as when the lecturers take a round, if one is sitting in the last bench, there might be a dangerous chance of the lecturer peeking on your workspace (read: 1 notebook for all 6 subjects) and find out that you are actually doodling on a piece of paper rather than listening to him.

and about the love couples.. I happen to study in an all girls college, so no such luck πŸ˜”
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    smita89
    and about the love couples.. I happen to study in an all girls college, so no such luck πŸ˜”
    You would have raised some eye brows otherwise. :sshhh:πŸ˜›
  • Differential
    Differential
    I was too 90% backbencher, but to lectures which I could understand something, I used to sit front. Many times, I used to go late and I wanted to sit back but as the back-benches were already occupied, I had to take last unoccupied bench. So though I was sitting on say 5th or 6th bench from front, it was still converted to front bench as all benches in front of me were empty. So horrible ! You cannot yawn even.

--Diff
  • g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    Categorie: All Bencher

Strategy:

Morning Session: Front Bencher because Morning session was full of boaring and strict lecturer's.
    Afternoon Session: Middel Bencher To have a nap :sshhh:...
    Evening Session: Back Bencher To run out of the 😁
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    in my School days i was middle bencher
    and now in College... i was Front bencher in the starting of the semester...
    There was one lecturer his voice is only available for first two benches..... so i usually try to hear him so i had choose front benches but after 1-2 months i feel that he is too much boring...

and one day i got sleepy on first bench and caught behind by him but fortunately i acted very well... and my internal Knowledge rescue me...

after this incident i went to the last bench...

and yes i remember my friends at last bench use Mobile to hear Songs,Play Games,GPRS, Net surfing... i remember once i had post reply on CE from that Last Bench.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Bumping this Thread
  • debu
    debu
    Front bencher, that is because I generally avoided sitting with my friends. In college I treated the duration of the class with great genuflection.

Debu πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi i want help on robosoccer.. Anyone if working or worked on this project please help!! thanking you in advance ..
Imagine a round table with diameter equal to fifteen times the diameter of a saucer. Question: How many saucers can be accommodated on the table, without overlapping and not surpassing...
*Must read for all New Joiners* I remember it was more than 3 years back when Biggie had told me the concept behind starting CE. I took a little time...
Am a third year student, ECE. Please if anyone has an idea of how to do it please, i really need your help. just give me an idea! Please! thank...
hi frnds, can i get any site where i can learn MATLAB online for digital image processing??