Freecharge.in Review - It Sucks & I Totally Hate It!

Freecharge.in - the dream service that promises to make your recharges free by providing you with coupons worth equal to the amount you've spent looks too good to be true. The concept is cool and it's worked for several people. But not for everyone. What's wrong? Well the 'disclaimers' and the 'tiny text' that we often ignore that describe the 'conditions' under which you can use the coupons. Just a few moments ago, I recharged my Tata Sky account with Rs. 1000 and the service offered various coupons worth Rs. 1000. I was a happy person.

So I decided to pick following coupons: Barista Coffee, PVR & Naturals Spa. I was confident that I'd get a chance to use the coupons in the next 30 days. I paid Rs. 1010 for Rs. 1000 recharge and got all the coupons delivered to my email. Everything looked perfect until I decided to read the 'fine text' that accompanied the coupons.

For PVR: I can use the E-Coupon only when: 1. I buy one ticket and then get one free. Max discount I can get is Rs. 150 using one promo code 'per transaction' (SMART!). 2. The discount can only be availed when I'm watching a show on weekday - Monday to Thursday - for all show timings before 11:59 AM? ๐Ÿ˜จ (seriously, guys?) 3. If the price of the free ticket exceeds Rs. 150; I'll have to pay the balance from my pocket.

Result: The coupon is basically useless. I'd rather pay Rs. 100 from my pocket than remembering all these terms and conditions and then arguing with the uniformed personnel at the ticket counter. Meh!

For Naturals: 1. The billing must exceed Rs. 500 to get the discount. 2. The coupon code can only be availed at Bangalore @ HSR Layout, Bellandur and Jeevan Bhema Nagar Outlets (why did you not tell me earlier?)

Result: Useless coupon.

For Barista: 1. Valid only if I order ONE Cappuccino; so that I'll get another free. 2. You can't combine multiple codes in one go.

Result: Useless coupon. I don't like Cappuccino. I wasn't told that coupon works only for that tasteless coffee.

...and I wonder why I paid Rs. 10 more for all this mess. From next time onwards, I'm going to recharge directly from the official websites of the service providers. Goodbye, Freecharge!

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Thats why phone or Internet I use post paid ๐Ÿ˜€ no recharge no problems ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Avesh
    Avesh
    They are cheaters and information available on website and in application is misleading.
    I have done a recharge from its application , recharge was done but I got nothing and when I confirmed from operator. I got Information there is no such recharge but it is done so you will get nothing.

I reported to freecharge, in the start they were trying to mislead but later when it get proved that all mistake is done by freecharge and information was not correct they refused to refund my money.

So guys, avoid to use its site and application before confirming to operator
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For Barista: 1. Valid only if I order ONE Cappuccino; so that I'll get another free. 2. You can't combine multiple codes in one go.

Result: Useless coupon. I don't like Cappuccino. I wasn't told that coupon works only for that tasteless coffee.

...and I wonder why I paid Rs. 10 more for all this mess. From next time onwards, I'm going to recharge directly from the official websites of the service providers. Goodbye, Freecharge!
    Freecharge is useful when you have some special coupons that will give you 50% cashback on certain amount recharge, otherwise coupons are mostly useless but not in some cases
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I had used Freecharge in past but my all time only favorite portal for recharge is Paytm.
    I am using it since the inception of this venture, it was simple elegant and still it is the best experience using it. Even I like it better than Airtel official site.

I rarely care about coupons, but I really look for smooth UX and get the money back in case of failure transaction.

Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Thats why phone or Internet I use post paid ๐Ÿ˜€ no recharge no problems ๐Ÿ˜›
    Agree, but they cost much more, so I always recharge with one of maximum full talktime, so I can have all money in talking not paying for monthly rental๐Ÿ˜‰.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Custom car maker Austin Coulson of the US set the record as the owner of the smallest roadworthy car, which can be legally drive on the road. The car measures...
Since last 8-10 months Canonical developers are working on Mir display server(Which is fork of Wayland). While everyone's embracing Wayland, Ubuntu is going for Mir. Maybe Ubuntu's choice is correct...
I am going to copy-paste the content from this website for the people who really hate clicking the links. (I know how you feel, when someone puts up the link...
From the recent update by Jolla it is confirmed that Sailfish OS is now fully compatible with Android. This Linux based OS is capable of running Android applications. More to...