Free WhatsApp Alternatives - For Android, iOS, Nokia & Blackberry

Whatsapp is a great cross messaging chat service and a ton of people use it. However, after the first year of free usage, the app will charge you $0.99 (~Rs. 50 - 55) per year (recurring). Few of the people I know won't spend that money on the app and will settle with the alternatives. This thread is dedicated to discussing all the alternatives to WhatsApp messenger. Start sharing the 'free' apps (and their download links). Don't forget to mention the platform as well.

Looking forward to app suggestions.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The first one on the list, and a bit popular one would be - Viber. Just like WhatsApp, it gives

• Free text, calling, photo messages and location-sharing with Viber users*
    • No registration, alias or invitations required
    • Instantly integrates with your own contact list
    • Best-quality mobile calls using 3G or Wi-Fi

Works on iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows, Symbian and BADA.

Have used it and it works just fine.

Another popular option for Samsung users like me is Samsung ChatOn
    • Encrypts messages
    • Animation: make personal message using handwritten notes or drawings within text, images
    • Background music
    • Will also be available for PC
    It works with Android and iPhone.
    Looking forwards to more app options.
  • avii
    avii
    Facebook messenger. Works fine with me.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I am an engineering student and thinking of buying laptop for project work. I am thinking of i3 or i5. But i5 leads to very high costs. And heard...
One idea can change everything. This simple pot acts as an electricity-free refrigerator that allows hundreds of thousands of people to keep food fresh. The elegant concept, developed by Mohammed...
Gallium is a metal that can melt in your hand. Via Science Is Awesome ​
Mathematics is the language of the universe. Image: Nikki Graziano via From Quarks to Quasars ​
Engineer meets Naturalist ​