free talk inside the campus

using bluetooth, information can be exchanged b/w 2 mobile devices free of cost....how about developing something similar so that we can talk with friends free of cost within the campus through mobile phone...is that possible....i dont know any details of bluetooth........i'm lookin for a good project idea in networks...can anyone specify whether this is possible.....
If not give me some other ideas......

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avinashkcs
    using bluetooth, information can be exchanged b/w 2 mobile devices free of cost....how about developing something similar so that we can talk with friends free of cost within the campus through mobile phone...is that possible....i dont know any details of bluetooth........i'm lookin for a good project idea in networks...can anyone specify whether this is possible.....
    If not give me some other ideas......
    I liked the idea. But I doubt if regular bluetooth enabled mobiles will be useful. Generally, mobiles come with a shorter range of bluetooth transceiver (~10m).

Are you thinking of creating a bluetooth network in your campus? ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Your idea is excellent but one Q to ask is why?

There are 2 points to consider.

1. As biggie said bluetooth range in mobiles is limited. Its better to wire up the whole campus.

2. Why would you want to spend so much on a system to 'communicate' in campus? Why, whats the perpoes. I cant argue the fact that its an awesome project but whats the usefulness?

and lastly, you can think of implementing it in other fields like hospitals or airports. Bluetooth is actually an untapped powerhouse, you can have better ideas.
  • avinashkcs
    avinashkcs
    chk this site

Trifinite

bluetooth range can be extended...or else there are new technologies like wibree (from NOKIA) or zigbee.....

usefulness: u talk untill ur stomach is full๐Ÿ˜
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Who the heck will pay for the setup? College Admin? They wanna work their 8hr shift and get outta there as soon as they can. they dont care about "how students talk on the blootooth netwark". If its student funded, I feel there will be few willing to pay. I am talking like this but actually I might pay...
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Oh yea, the link you provided is pretty interesting! They used a range extender or something. Thats to increase the range. Now if you seriously want to persue this, I think it will be better to make independent devices other than normal cell phones, since I dont think they provide VOICE over bluetooth (VoBT..lol).

Anyway, to make this kind of thing, have a mic, a lowpass+highpassfilter, an ADC, a bluetooth module whihc will transmit this digital data to a mainhost located near (like a router) and then that transmitts to other devices. This project can get a little over the head, but it will be worth the time and effort and remember this is most basic device ever!
  • ambuja 28
    ambuja 28
    the link provides
    exellent idea to increase the range of bluetooth
    but i don`t know on which technology and mecanism
    the data is send and receive over bluetooth.
    plz tell .me
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    See there are different bt modules outthere, you can buy them from local elec shops, they have the protocol already implented onboard. You dont have to worry abt that. The only thing is sending the data to the bt module, and recieving on the other end, and vice ver. This synchro is essential.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How could we miss out on this? ๐Ÿ˜› Many Happy Returns of the day to Ash! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Ash chose to hide his birthday (13th September) ! May your dreams come...
CEans, Just finished reading this wonderful book on the man behind iMac, iPod and the iPhone - Steve Jobs. Posting my brief review of the book by Jeffery S Young...
First off, i think i've found a perfectly good theory 4 improvin tyres... i've got a cool aluminum bike and can make the dirt swing and black carbon marks on...
Hi friends....how are u all.. actually i have a problem which i wnt to discuss here..... whenever i type orkut in my web browser...it displays a dialog box with message......
New CEans, If you need urgent help with anything related to CE, feel free to send an instant message on Yahoo Messenger @ crazy.engineers . If I'm online, I'll be...