Free energy and perpetual motion machines - Is it possible??

Hi guys,
I just saw this video in youtube. It says something about free energy. I'm not satisfied that it would be possible.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Also take a look at this:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Wat say guys?? If this is true, then all our problems concerning energy crisis would be gone for ever. is it that simple?

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Somehow I have a lot of doubts regarding this video. Will have to see it again tomorrow and think clearly before making a verdict.
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    saw the video. Cant say what it is really. But it was a good one.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Perpetual motion means [SIZE=-1]motion that continues indefinitely without any external source of energy.That is, once a device is set into motion, it'll be in motion indefinitely, and will never come to a stop. That is practically impossible due to friction.
    But in this video, they have claimed to have constructed such a device and extract energy from it.
    Basically, if we get more energy at the output of a device than what amount is input, then that energy is called a free energy. That is also impossible according to me, because, if such a thing were possible, we would have solved our energy needs long ago.
    And more importantly, it also violates the second law of thermodynamics, and anything which does so is physically not realizable.
    what's your take on this, CEans?
    [/SIZE]
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I also agree its impossible. Nothing in life is free *grin*

I think better focus on utilizing energy from the sun. It is highly underutilized, and it will last a few more billion years.
  • julie1
    julie1
    That is true nothing is life is free... it makes you pay in return somehow so i don't think it is possible too
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    My same views are excellently put by @silverscorpion! Absolutely true.

[SIZE=-1] 1. If such a thing were possible, we would have solved our energy needs long ago.
    2. And more importantly, it also violates the second law of thermodynamics, and anything which does so is physically not realizable.[/SIZE]
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    But then, something troubles me.. A few days ago, there was a seminar on latest trends in electronics in our college, and a guy from texas instruments gave a lecture on the same.
    He mentioned he was working on wireless sensor networks which derive their own power and no external power supply is required because, those sensors function with very little power. But, however little it may be, how can the sensor find it's power on it's own? He said this is also some kind of 'nearly' perpetual motion device. i dunno how..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    silverscorpion
    But then, something troubles me.. A few days ago, there was a seminar on latest trends in electronics in our college, and a guy from texas instruments gave a lecture on the same.
    He mentioned he was working on wireless sensor networks which derive their own power and no external power supply is required because, those sensors function with very little power. But, however little it may be, how can the sensor find it's power on it's own? He said this is also some kind of 'nearly' perpetual motion device. i dunno how..
    haha, no.. they can be directly powered by electromagnetic waves or even solar. As you said, they require very little power.. down to the microwatts. The natural surroundings of the device provides it with power.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    electromagnetic waves? I'm confused. Well, I know that Em waves are the propagation of energy. But if it's possible to transfer energy thru EM waves, then wireless charging of mobile phones et all, should be possible, right? I thought EM waves only carry information, like in FM waves or in cell phone signals.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Basically, EM waves when modulated carry information. Its like sound waves.. we modulate the sound to send a signal (speech), but the pressure waves that carry the information contains energy too.

Yep, it is possible to charge mobile phones wirelessly. However, mobile phones consume so much juice that you'd have to transmit a lot of microwave power from the base station to get a decent charge. That amount of power will fry humans 😛

But, if you use a more directional antenna and focus a beam of em waves to the target, you well get decent energy transferred without requiring a lot of power.

Something you might not also realize is that you can listen to FM signals, using a earphone receiver directly powered by the EM waves propagating it 😛 Its an interesting project to do.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While writing a code, i was incorporating 2 dimensional array but it just wouldn't work. The code was: char acUsername[3][2]={"john",john1","smith","smith2","dennis","dennis3"}; Any idea where I went wrong?
Hello I am a computer engineer from NIT kururkshetra.I have developed a platform which is yielding 30%-120% return per month with drawdown < 10%,thus highly safe.I have backtested it on...
Hi guys i am chetan from pune.a chemical engineer by profession & presently working in pune.i love reading, playing guitar,gr8 fan of rock bands,& above all i love to make...
Hi All, I have a question here , how people gets banned , i have seen a person named Praveena banned i saw her advertising something about VLSI is that...
What is the difference between PNP & NPN inductive proximity switch? How it differs in application wise? which is the best for automation industry?