Foursquare: The first person to use social network in space

Astronaut Douglas Wheelock while in space about 220 miles above Earth, checked in on Foursquare on Friday.
He has become the first person to use the location-based social network in space. 😀

Wheelock unlocked the "NASA Explorer" badge by checking in to the international space station at approximately 11 a.m. ET from a laptop.

The NASA Explorer badge is available only in outer space.

Dennis Crowley, co-founder of Foursquare, was bowled over by this news.

"Check-ins from around the world have been cool, but this blew my mind!
I can't wait to see the battle for the mayorship of the international space station," he told CNN.

NASA has fully embraced other forms of social media.

Earlier this year. astronaut T.J. Creamer sent the first tweet from space.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The lifestyle software engineers have and their working conditions make me worry. Software engineers have long working hours, often streeful and also they stay motion-less for hours! 😡 One BASIC...
In the digital world, things are getting extinct at an unimaginable rate. I remember using a 3.5inch floppy disk to transfer data from a friend's computer to mine. That was...
hi friends, Can any one explain what is fan stacking which is used for cooling technique? how we can arranged more then one fan in an motherboard so that they...
I am sure, most or all of us has used a Classic Cassette Walkman (introduced by Sony) some years ago. After 30 long years of the advent of Walkmans, Sony...
Inspired by the open-source 3D printer MakerBot, this machine is made of more than 2,400 bricks and runs on three NXT Intelligent Bricks and nine NXT motors. A PC running...