Four hundred miles with Tesla’s autopilot - Trust the Machine

Quote:
A few weeks ago, I finally tried Tesla Motors' "autopilot" feature. A Tesla rep and I tooled around Houston's I-45 in a Model X crossover SUV for 15 minutes, just long enough to test the vehicle's adaptive cruise/automatic lane-keeping wizardry. Once I toggled on the autopilot, the rep relaxed by checking e-mail on her phone. This sent a clear message: keep an eye on the dumb journalist when he's driving the $140,000 SUV, but once the machine takes over, everything’s fine.
Endquote
Four hundred miles with Tesla’s autopilot forced me to trust the machine | Ars Technica

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The numerous accounts you have accross the web and the "one-account,access-all" vital Gmail, the core control element might be out of passwords in the literal sense. Google has something up...
Quote: International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology is peer-reviewed, online international journal published monthly by ESRSA Publication. IJERT is a highly-selective journal, covering topics that appeal to a broad...
German Automobile giant, Volkswagen has recently unleashed its new sub 4-meter length Sedan Ameo at the Chakan Plant in Pune, India. Aimed to enthrall adventure enthusiasts, this car could be...
"Speed Pay", the modern concept of paying money is becoming easier and cheaper, thanks to e-commerce sites. Freecharge, being one of them has recently updated their application with a cool...
While yesterday it was the turn of Micromax and Intex to unveil their new creations, today it is the turn of Lava Mobiles. They have unveiled the Lava A79 smartphone...