Foundation for bridge in sea.

Friendz can any one tell me how is the foundation casted for a bridge which is supposed to be on a sea.
I just want to know the procedure like how to align the columns as per the drawings? how do we locate the centreline of column? How do we lay the reinforcement and ulitimately how do we pour the concrete?
I remember i studied this bt now i am totally blank, pl help me recall.

Regards,
Sham,

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Specifics would depend on what type of bridge you are constructing and the size. GPS & lasers would be used for surveying. Concrete would be poured into forms after the anchor and rebar structure is in place. Although difference stresses are at play, concrete pour would be similar to on land since concrete is a chemical reation and hardens under water.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am working on repairing a Line 6 DL4 delay pedal. This is a guitar effects pedal. I have a diagnosed the problem to be a 80C32SBBB Micro controller that...
HI engineers, I think (a turkish site)has the best collection of engineering ebooks for all disciplines that we can download. visit it and tell me if there...
I need some mini projects in electronics and communication engineering (ECE) .Can anyone help me please.Its urgent We are the first batch of our college so we have no seniors...
hi everyone................... i am a final year student of the instrumentation discipline. My group has decided to automate the DM(demineralize water plant) using PLC and SCADA as the final year...
hi am vivek nv i am doing ma mechanical engineering in india. i would like to get a project so that i would be more interested in my studies.so kindly...