Formatting as FAT16?

Hi,

I wanted to format an SDCard with a FAT16 file system.But when i put it in my pc to do that,i could fine FAT and FAT32 formats in the format window.

any clues how to do it? any 3rd party s/ws?

or are both FAT and FAT16 the same?

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    Use software like #-Link-Snipped-#
  • cameo
    cameo
    thats not working out.
    Partition magic is not detecting the SD card at all..

ne crazy engineers out tehr?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I was wondering if Windows allows partitions to be created on removable drives. Only primary partition is allowed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

-The Big K-
  • cameo
    cameo
    i too think so.it doesnt allow partition .
    but i wanna format the card.When i put the card to format ,it asks the system type either FAT or FAT32.But i wanna do it as FAT16..
    I heard that FAT and FAT16 are the same..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ya know, there is such thing as FAT12. But it's usually used for floppy disks and small partitioned stuff (less than 16MB). It's a legacy tech.. so I'm guessing since you only have two options of FAT and FAT32, the first refers to FAT16.

Check out #-Link-Snipped-# for the details.

Here's a SD card formatter software from Panasonic: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    cameo
    i too think so.it doesnt allow partition .
    but i wanna format the card.When i put the card to format ,it asks the system type either FAT or FAT32.But i wanna do it as FAT16..
    I heard that FAT and FAT16 are the same..
    Cameo, Windows doesn't allow partition of removable disks. Till we use a third party tool.

Hope that FAT and FAT16 are the same.. you may try this... may possible it will not work, but definitely It wont hamper anything too....

--Cra:sshhh:zy
  • chinkipradeep
    chinkipradeep
    😁To all my friends out here i want to correct u and provide the solution for formating with fat 16 without using any other tool then window...
    yes window provide a hidden tool which allows you to format removable drvies just go to
    control panel--administrative tools--computer management--storage--disk management u will get list of all storing devices connected to ur pc right clcik on 1 u want to format chose file type then format it is done no need to have any 3rd party software😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i want to know more about the final year projects based on electronics and communication. i m really confused😕 give me ur ideas plz.........
I like to do project on student data automation ...... I need assistance soon... student updates the data (such as marks ..),clerk accept the data into the database.faculty,head of department...
Hi, is there any way to test the battery of a UPS without opening the case? I need to use a multimeter to test the battery voltage and test it...
Hi all, could anybody confirm if is possible to communicate over IM308C (S5-115)by PROFIBUS DP protocol to InTouch SCADA (PC side CP5613A2 card, SIMATIC NET 6GK1713) Thanks for your support,...
hi guys i'm actually working on making a 3cc rotary engine for my project. Can anybody give me the dimensions most suited for the engine or plz provide me the...