Format for a quiz program!!

Hi CEans,
I'm going to conduct a quiz show in my upcoming college technical festival - The How stuff works quiz. The questions will be based on natural phenomena & latest technical advancements.

There'll be a preliminary round and a finals. I want some new ideas for the final round. Some new format of quizzing instead of just asking questions in a round robin fashion..

I thought of something. We'll give a list of topics on which the questions are based. That is, we'll provide something like,

1)Optics 2)Computers 3)Biology etc..

The participants will select which topic they want the question to be. Then they'll also tell how many points they want for that question. Then we'll show the question. If they get it correct, they'll get the requested points. If they get it wrong, half of wat they asked for will be subtracted. No pass to other teams..

How is this? Will it work? Suggest some changes and rules for this which'll make the event interesting..

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The idea is good!

But passing should be allowed!

Offer half the marks to the other team who answers it correct, if they dont answer then deduct quarter marks from them as well..

Since by providing pass option the quiz will be interesting as far as my experience is considered.

Deduct marks again since if they answer it just through luck they should not get the marks.
  • madugula
    madugula
    hi... that's a good idea. but as far as i am considered leaving decision regarding marks to participants, may cause conflicts among themselves. anyways i will try to workout a format for your program and will say tomorrow. have a nice day.😀
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hey SS , I have an idea for you..

Go with the GRE format, i.e., consider you have questions of 5M, 10M, 15M and 20M.

First any team should choose 10M question, if they answer it correctly then next time they can choose 15 or 20M if not they have to choose only 5 or 10!

How is it?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    English-Scared
    Hey SS , I have an idea for you..

Go with the GRE format, i.e., consider you have questions of 5M, 10M, 15M and 20M.

First any team should choose 10M question, if they answer it correctly then next time they can choose 15 or 20M if not they have to choose only 5 or 10!

How is it?
    This seems good. I'll think about it!! Keep the ideas coming!! 😀
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    yes you should try something like providing them topics on which they want to be quizzed.
    they can choose the one that suits them best.but the gre format may not be that advisable as if a person gets a bad start he wont be given a chance to make up.this is just my thought. 😀
    all the best 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The dc supply is given to transformers are may get dameged, what is region?
I am a third year student of civil engineering . I want to know about summer training in major civil construction companies.please give me the information about summer training in...
can any one tell me that from which site i can get the knowledge about lighting in motorcycle😕
Lupe B. Mechanical Engineer Lomita, CA Student at LAHC, but getting ready to transfer. I'm hoping to Cal Poly Pomona. Currently I work at a Grocery Store. I love to...
Name: GP Engineering in Electronics(Telco) Occupation: Student Hobbies & Interests: Surfing Net I joined CrazyEngineers because: to gain and share knowledge. Like to be good friend for all CE.😀