春凤 袁
春凤 袁
Aeronautical
General
06 Dec 2018

Ford CEO denied the rumor of 25,000 layoffs?

Ford CEO denied the rumor of 25,000 layoffs?

In a report to investors, Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas predicted that as part of Ford's restructuring plan, Ford would cut 25,000 jobs, and Ford CEO Hanket responded. According to foreign media reports, he "scorned" the report and said that more information would be released later this week.

"We estimate that Ford's restructuring plan will focus on Ford Europe, where we currently value Ford's business at negative $7 billion," Jonas said in the report. But we also think Ford will have a major restructuring in North America, involving a large number of salary and hourly employees in the United States and Canada.

Hanket told reporters Tuesday (Dec. 4) that Ford did not provide data on layoffs to Adam Jonas. But Ford said in July that it would spend three to five years and invest $11 billion in restructuring. Hankett revealed that Ford will issue temporary plans for its employees later this week. GM said last week that it would cut more than 14,000 employees and close seven factories around the world by the end of next year.

Be the first one to reply

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.