Force required to compress air in cylinder

Need help with this
.. Suppose I have a cylinder with plunger arrangement on one side and the other is blocked.. and when i push the plunger the air compresses.. Can anyone suggest me formulas to calculate how much force or work done to compress the air..

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I think its same as pv=nrt;
    once you get pressure multiply it with CS area.
    Is there any other opinion?
  • Amith Gupta
    Amith Gupta
    ishutopre
    I think its same as pv=nrt;
    once you get pressure multiply it with CS area.
    Is there any other opinion?
    see.. as the compression process is being performed the density of the air inside the cyl varies.. so thats the problem . Coz less dense air will transfer less force while denser air will transmit greater..
    Any suggestions are welcome

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI! i'm srinivas studying in final year of BE cse. last weak i deleted some important files accidently. later i recovered those files but, i'm not able to open most...
hai friends i am in 3rd b.tech, i am going to do my miny project in next month, so any one tell me most useful projects names.
This is for people who are experienced and who want to shift to another company. May be it is telephonic or personal interview this is the most obvious question asked...
on what basis the vector group of the transformer installed in substation or any plant is decided???
TECHNOVISION’11 is the technical paper presentation event of TROIKA, the annual technical fest of IEEE student branch of Delhi Technological University (formerly Delhi College of Engineering), Delhi organized in the...