Folder Lock: Unable to see locked folder

I have downloaded folder lock 5.2.0.6 and had locked a folder.
But the problem being that the locked item is not displayed in the locked folders list.
it still shows the same amount of space occupied in that hard disk partition but the folder is not displayed in it.
The folder is not there in the locked folders list so i cannot unlock the folder but that space is still occupied and i need to unlock and use the data in that folder badly. Please Please help.

Replies

• crook
    crook
    Re: Unable to see folder

iNdiSoUL
    I have downloaded folder lock 5.2.0.6 and had locked a folder.
    But the problem being that the locked item is not displayed in the locked folders list.
    it still shows the same amount of space occupied in that hard disk partition but the folder is not displayed in it.
    The folder is not there in the locked folders list so i cannot unlock the folder but that space is still occupied and i need to unlock and use the data in that folder badly. Please Please help.
    Please don't panic! I have not used Folder Lock but I can still suggest you something. First of all make sure -
    1. The default path to locked folders (if there's such thing) is the one you are aware of.
    2. Check the settings of the software, you might find something there.
    I can't offer much help right now. I will have to download the software. Can you tell me the URL from where you downloaded the software?
  • iNdiSoUL
    iNdiSoUL
    Re: Unable to see folder

crook
    Please don't panic! I have not used Folder Lock but I can still suggest you something. First of all make sure -
    1. The default path to locked folders (if there's such thing) is the one you are aware of.
    2. Check the settings of the software, you might find something there.
    I can't offer much help right now. I will have to download the software. Can you tell me the URL from where you downloaded the software?
    the locked folder is locked in the same path as it is located
    no nothing of help in the settings
    Folder Lock - File Lock and Encryption Software - Free Download
    please help man
    really in a panic situation....
    the folder is not gettin displayed....please help....
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    so u mean to say that u moved a folder into the locker and now its not being displayed there??

try nero and open this location c:\program files\folder lock\locker

and also make sure that show hidden files is set
  • iNdiSoUL
    iNdiSoUL
    no_atkt
    so u mean to say that u moved a folder into the locker and now its not being displayed there??

try nero and open this location c:\program files\folder lock\locker

and also make sure that show hidden files is set
    yeah moved the folder in the locker
    now its not showing in that list also nor is it displaying in the partition where it is located....
    but the space is still used up....
    i dint get the thing about nero....jus went to burn a disc and went to open but still the folder was not displayed....
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    hmmm ... try re0installing ... try at own risk the folder might get deleted duing un-installatin
  • iNdiSoUL
    iNdiSoUL
    no_atkt
    hmmm ... try re0installing ... try at own risk the folder might get deleted duing un-installatin
    exactly the reason why i havnt yet re installed the software with the fear of losing data
    but i tried backing up that drive and in the progress the files were getting displayed and that folder which is not visible also got backed up.....now wat do u suggest....

but preferably i would like it to appear without getting to all this backing up an stuff....
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    try accessing the folder thru dos and maually thru dos commands try to transfer the files to another location

also try to reboot in safemode and then see
  • iNdiSoUL
    iNdiSoUL
    no_atkt
    try accessing the folder thru dos and maually thru dos commands try to transfer the files to another location

also try to reboot in safemode and then see
    nope not working either way....not even thru dos
    and for some weird reason my comp isnt going on safe mode....
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    cant help u man sorry ... moral of the story ... dont use crappy s/w to hide stuff ...
  • iNdiSoUL
    iNdiSoUL
    no_atkt
    cant help u man sorry ... moral of the story ... dont use crappy s/w to hide stuff ...
    agree with you....
    so wadda you think about the backup thing then....
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    see even if u copy a backup the files i think are encrypted ... u can try to use a linux live cd mite help u chances are slim but u never know ... u can do 1 thing ... take a backup .... un-install the s/w then install it again and replace the lcker flder
  • iNdiSoUL
    iNdiSoUL
    no_atkt
    see even if u copy a backup the files i think are encrypted ... u can try to use a linux live cd mite help u chances are slim but u never know ... u can do 1 thing ... take a backup .... un-install the s/w then install it again and replace the lcker flder
    yeah will try this
    thanx a lot for your help

would realy love it if problem gets solved by any way possible
  • iNdiSoUL
    iNdiSoUL
    hey can someone give me solution fast
    please would really appreciate it....
  • crook
    crook
    After reading above replies, I've decided not to download the software 😕. Do you know the names of files/folders? Try installing Google desktop search and try searching for the files using it.

If you are using Windows Vista, then you might just try the search option. That's the only solution which comes to my mind 😒
  • thegerman
    thegerman
    iNdiSoUL
    hey can someone give me solution fast
    please would really appreciate it....
    Hello
    I manage a little comptershop like my hobby and yesterday was the second time that a client came to get help on this programm (Folder Lock). The first time was easy, we just formated the disk and backed up again because the files were easily avaiable.
    Now the second occation the problem was more serios (the Locker folder emty), the client had important financial information in excel that he couldn't get again.
    The solucion was easy: I used a programm named "Recover my files" (easy to use) searching the "Locker" folder (takes some time) and copying the files to the desktop.
    That's all, for to have the copy-option you need to have a registred programm I guess. You can get about 100 diferent file extentions recovered.
    I think for my own that the best option to have files a little save on the way with moveable disks is to zip them with a password, don't try those programms like Folder Lock when you have serios informations that you want to get hidden.
    I hope it wasn't too late to get you this information.
    Best wishes from Ecuador.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hyderabad: The Class of 2007 of the premier Indian School of Business (ISB) has attracted record salaries; with the top international offer being $269,000 (Rs.11.8 million) against the highest domestic...
Hello everybody, I need some new topics for a seminar in Computer Science. Can anybody help me. If anybody can give links to full reports, then it would be really...
Dear Members, I am a new member. I am interested in CBT Computer Based Teaching. Could someone suggest an easy-to-use software application to create CBT materials? I am not satisfied...
Here is yet another puzzle from Archimedes Lab: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Two intersected semi-circles inscribed in a rectangle are tangent to 5 discs (soccer balls) as depicted in the image....
hi frnds, i m a student of mechanical engg. 2nd yr and i m really very intrested in speed machines and gas turbine engines are the one which are ment...