Flyte Download Manager: Bulk MP3 Download From Flipkart

Few days ago, we informed you about the leaked 'Flyte Digital Store' by Flipkart that lets you download DRM free music from the site. The Flyte store is now live with a huge song collection and the price per song starts at Rs. 6.00. Apart from the digital store, Flipkart's also offering something amazing and it's called Flyte Download Manager.

What is Flyte Download Manager?

The Flyte Download Manager is a software available on Windows PC, Mac & Linux platforms that lets you download songs from Flipkart in bulk. It also offers greater control over your downloads.

How to download songs using Flyte Download Manager?

Download the FDM and then follow this procedure to download tracks and albums from the digital store:
  1. Choose 'MP3 Library' on Flipkart.com
  2. Select the 'Flyte Download Manager' menu from the "Download Options" drop-down
  3. Select multiple songs you wish to download using check-boxes
  4. Hit the 'Download Selected' button in your 'MP3 Library'. A .fkdm file will begin downloading. รข€˜FKDMรข€™ is an encrypted file that contains information about the tracks to be downloaded. This one single file has the information about the songs.
  5. Once the '.fkdm' file has downloaded, click on the file to open it with Flyte Download Manager
  6. Your downloads will be automatically initiated in the Flyte Download Manager.
Here's how the FDM looks on Mac -

Screen Shot 2012-02-27 at 7.25.21 PM

Download: #-Link-Snipped-#

If you have questions, doubts post them here. I'm interested in knowing how's your experience of downloading songs from Flipkart's flyte service.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, I've a question about pricing that's in place. Let's take a quick look at the prices of upcoming albums -

Agent Vinod: Rs. 143 ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    Jodi Breakers: Rs. 108 ๐Ÿ˜•
    Rockstar: Rs. 113 ๐Ÿ‘€

Anyone willing to pay that price for those albums? Be honest & sincere! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The_Big_K
    Okay, I've a question about pricing that's in place. Let's take a quick look at the prices of upcoming albums -

Agent Vinod: Rs. 143 ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    Jodi Breakers: Rs. 108 ๐Ÿ˜•
    Rockstar: Rs. 113 ๐Ÿ‘€

Anyone willing to pay that price for those albums? Be honest & sincere! ๐Ÿ˜
    ๐Ÿ˜ Ridiculous rates. People go to buy stuff from 'Flipkart' because they offer things for cheap. What are the guys thinking?
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    ๐Ÿ‘Ž
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Why ๐Ÿ‘Ž ?

Flipkart's playing big on digital downloads and hopes that there are enough Indians who'll buy digital music online for a price when it's available free of cost on several websites. Plus, there are torrents which have almost everything you can think of. If you notice carefully, Flyte's biggest advantage is that it lets you choose your songs from album so you don't have to buy the whole album. It could just be Flipkart's strategy to price them higher because that will drive buyers to select the songs they want.

By the way, the price of individual songs are quite cheap; if you ask me. Indian digital copyright law will have to be strong enough and will have to be enforced before Indians are forced into 'buying' music. That's my opinion, though.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ‘Ž for the album rates. I think they are bit too much for a downloadable file. Yes, the price of individual songs are cheap. I feel they could bring it down and make it more cheaper. ๐Ÿ˜

Quackkarrunnee!!
    I just checked here: Buy Products Online at Best Price in India - All Categories | Flipkart.com.
    Individual tracks from the Rockstar album cost Rs. 9 ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    Check here: Buy Products Online at Best Price in India - All Categories | Flipkart.com
    Individual tracks from the Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara album cost Rs. 15 ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys... Today I got shortlisted for L&T build india scholarship exam....I ve got through 1st round... But i have to face the interview on 17th march.... My areas of...
Hi CEans, I want to measure the level of the liquid in a tank without using Level sensors. Can anybody just provide me a solution for this ??? waiting for...
Lava International Limited and Intel have teamed up to launch the Intel powered phone Lava XOLO X900 in India. The announcement was made at the Mobile World Congress 2012. The...
I am a final sem, Instrumentation technology student from BMSCE, Bangalore. I have been offered internship in an automotive company for building a telematics control unit.I came across a cpld...
As you know, MWC 2012 is happening in Barcelona and today is the second day of the event. We are expecting the launch of some great products and unveiling of...